Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I did not realize that I was following a dress code >

I did not realize that I was following a dress code

I did not realize that I was following a dress code

Old 06-08-2013, 05:22 PM

Default I did not realize that I was following a dress code

The other day, while DH and I were walking out of WalMart towards the parking lot, I realized that almost all the women were dressed like me or was I dressed like them! The only two that I spotted that were dressed differently were young like in their early 20's.

The others, like me, head full of gray hair, feminine t-shirt, capris and sports shoes. Kind of like we were the Stefford grannies (even though I'm not a granny yet - hopefully someday). And as soon as I get home, the shoes come off - even if it's winter.

Do you find yourself dressing the same way day after day? I think I have only worn a dress a couple of times since I retired - which was 18 years ago!
Old 06-08-2013, 05:26 PM

Jeans and t-shirt or capris and t-shirt. That's me every day.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:35 PM

Workout capris in the warm weather. Longer workout pants or sweats in the cold weather. My t-shirts consist of St. Louis Cardinals shirts or Louisville Cardinals shirts. At least the mascot is the same...it makes it easier! I wear white sneakers all the time!

My mother will be 98 at the end of this month. In the back of my mind I think what in the world will I wear when she dies!!

Last edited by EllieGirl; 06-08-2013 at 05:39 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:39 PM
Power Poster

Comfort trumps fashion for me. I can't even remember the last time I wore high heels.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:44 PM

I remember wearing HIGH heels when I was younger. Now I'd probably fall and break my neck. When my mom passed away I had to go out and buy new clothes and shoes because I didn't own anything suitable. LOL
Old 06-08-2013, 06:25 PM

Sweat pants and t shirts for me, occasionally put on a pair of "jeans". I've never been big on "dressing" up, and luckily most of my employment was in warehouse type positions.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:32 PM

sweats and t-shirts ... sandals or mules ..... jeans and shirt or sweater if I go someplace. Wow! didn't realize I had adopted "the uniform" and I thought I was non-conformist. Gotta' change something here ....
Old 06-08-2013, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter View Post
Jeans and t-shirt or capris and t-shirt. That's me every day.
Me too!!! I like to dress up, did it for many working years, but it is not as easy anymore.....high heeled shoes aren't particularly comfy and require stockings, waistbands on skirted suits pinch and the jackets are not easy to move in. Retirement was earned!!! So now I choose a respectable polo or t-shirt with jeans, thick padded Thurlo socks and loafers or tennis shoes. My body is happy and so are my feet, which makes me smile!
Old 06-08-2013, 07:36 PM

Can't remember the last time I wore pantyhose! I always wear shoes I slip on, tennies and all.... Wearing capris or long jeans, I must be with the "in" crowd. : )
Old 06-08-2013, 09:16 PM

It's usually jeans and a t-shirt. Haven't worn a dress or heels since 2009 -(son's wedding). Comfort is the name of the game. I have a closet full of dressy shirts, which I wear, paired with "dress" jeans, when we go out. We live a simple life, and I'm surely never going to win a fashion award....yup...must be the "old lady dress code"! LOL!