Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I did something I've been wanting to do... >

I did something I've been wanting to do...

I did something I've been wanting to do...

Old 11-15-2010, 10:05 AM

I had a job like this many years ago. My daughter was only 4 and I was divorced. The boss and his wife worked together and they were very hateful people. She would stand in front of me and tell her husband how stupid I was. I would go home crying at least 3 out of 5 days a week. I couldn't quit though because I needed the pay or would need to draw unemployment if I couldn't get another job. She finally fired me because a machine broke and she said it was my fault. It was such a relief and I was able to get another job right away. There is nothing more degrading than having to put up with that type of abuse. I eventually started my own business, which I have had for 20 years, and I was always careful to treat my employees with respect and kindness. Hope everything works out for you also.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:33 PM

Nothing is worth the agony of a bad supervisor and overly stressful job. Another door will open and the future will be much better. Strength to you and your wisdom.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:51 PM

I walked out on a job years ago at a gas/food mart because the owner was so mean to me after I'd been there for a while. I finally had enough, called her and said I was locking the doors and the keys were on the counter. I found out from others afterwards that she did that to more people than just me. That's what she did when she wanted someone to quit (she paid us under the table so I guess she thought if we quit we wouldn't be able to turn her in or something). Anyway she had a friend that she wanted to hire so she made my life miserable until I quit. I bet someone new will be on your exbosses "poopy" list very shortly.

Diannia