I don't get it........

Old 12-29-2009, 07:34 AM
pal

When my kids were babies I made bibs out of washcloths.
Folded over a side and slipped elastic through it. After they were through eating, I rinsed the cloth and wiped their mouths.

Re: the disposable diapers - for some reason, in the Summer, every parking lot boasts at least one disposable
diaper. It's almost like it's an obligation to have one
declaring a "family friendly environment"!!!!
Old 12-29-2009, 08:43 AM

Two of my boys had cloth diapers..the third got a rash every time I tried to use them on him. I didn't have the toilet rinsing problem. My mom introduced me to disposable liners....toss in the toilet!!! And yes, I also loved that feeling of seeing the freshly laundered pile of folded diapers.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:39 AM

lol, must be such a nice meal they licked their lips clean. We use cloth napkins all the time here, dh sure is not gentle on them. I make multi colored ones for daily use, hides the spaghetti sauce stains.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by pal
Maksi, most of us eat "the normal way" too. But when you have a lot of people over sometimes there isn't room for everyone to sit down at the table, so they help themselves to food, like a smorgasborg or a buffet or snacks, and they don't have a "sit down (at the table) meal"
I understand, :) thanks. When we have a lot of people over about more than eight) then we don't have a sit down meal, just because we don't have enough place at the table. I didn't want to offend anyone, if I did I apologize for that.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Maksi
Originally Posted by pal
Maksi, most of us eat "the normal way" too. But when you have a lot of people over sometimes there isn't room for everyone to sit down at the table, so they help themselves to food, like a smorgasborg or a buffet or snacks, and they don't have a "sit down (at the table) meal"
I understand, :) thanks. When we have a lot of people over about more than eight) then we don't have a sit down meal, just because we don't have enough place at the table. I didn't want to offend anyone, if I did I apologize for that.
I think everyone understands your reasoning....and I don't think you hurt anyone's feelings. When I was a kid, my grandma's table was way too small for all of us and so we ate in "shifts". Men ate first, then the kids and finally the women. I always thought that was strange too -- why did I have to wait until last to eat when I'd help prepare all that food and it was getting cold??? :lol: :lol: But NO ONE questioned my grandma :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 12-30-2009, 07:46 AM

I remember a C'mas when I was 7 yrs old, thre were 36 grandchildren, and 18 adults. The babies were all fed first, children next, adults last. One uncle had an 8mm projector and ran cartoons for the kids while the adults ate. My grandparents didnt' have a tv, and back then, having the cartoons was a REALLY big deal!!!! What a fun C'mas that was!!!!
Old 12-30-2009, 08:01 AM
Power Poster

I gave up cloth napkins long ago. I decided it was too much trouble to wash, fold, and store them. I do use a nice tablecloth but that's to cover up the scratches in my tabletop. DGD decided she wanted to draw using a nail when she was two. It can be repaired but I think she did a nice job for a two year old. My DD still gets upset seeing it and offers to have it repaired which I keep turning down. LOL.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:59 AM

I have one friend that makes you use the cloth napkin she provides.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:42 AM

Doesn't anyone remember the time when we used knives and forks (kept our hands clean) and were able to negotiate our mouths without incident. Who needed napkins?
Strangely my mouth has become much smaller. LOL and I need a napkin to wipe off my chest.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:22 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I gave up cloth napkins long ago. I decided it was too much trouble to wash, fold, and store them. I do use a nice tablecloth but that's to cover up the scratches in my tabletop. DGD decided she wanted to draw using a nail when she was two. It can be repaired but I think she did a nice job for a two year old. My DD still gets upset seeing it and offers to have it repaired which I keep turning down. LOL.
that sounds so much like me, saving those"special" drawings!!
I had bought a gold , expensive frame to place DH and my picture in, after a cruise we had taken. My grandson was here, 4 at the time, and drew me his rendition of a rainbow. had the sun in the middle, and all the colors going out. Ask me to put it in that pretty frame, and I did. It still hangs here in my den :-D And the picture never did get framed, somewhere in a drawer. :lol: :lol: