Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I Finally Figured Out One of My Top Reasons to Love the Board >

I Finally Figured Out One of My Top Reasons to Love the Board

I Finally Figured Out One of My Top Reasons to Love the Board

Old 04-05-2011, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Central Ohio Quilter
Thank you for the reminder! I am afraid I am guilty of interrupting too often and I need to slow myself down and listen more!
Central Ohio Quilter

That is nice to see that you not only have learned something today, however that you have recognized it and want to do something about it!

Good for you, you should be proud of yourself!

TreeFrog
Old 04-05-2011, 09:05 AM

I can talk, but I have always been a good listener too. Some people just seem to enjoy the sound of their own voices!
My DH is a super talker! He goes into so much detail in conversations. I listen to him talking to someone on the phone and sometimes wish he would just get to the point !!
I enjoy silence a lot at times. Some people have a t.v. or radio on all the time to fill the air with sound.......I treasure the times when it is quiet!
In my family growing up, Mom was a good listener, Dad was a talker! I hate being interrupted during a conversation but usually just let it slide. Most of my family and friends are pretty good at the art of conversation.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:09 PM

Sooooo well said. People today are so different than when I grew up, everyone seems to feel that they are more important than the other guy and they just don't care. Out here if you don't care, we don't even have to know it. Love this place!
Old 04-05-2011, 03:35 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Marilynsue
Sooooo well said. People today are so different than when I grew up, everyone seems to feel that they are more important than the other guy and they just don't care. Out here if you don't care, we don't even have to know it. Love this place!
I think on the board because the mods and admin have always encouraged best behavior on here and discourage any negativity they make this a great place to be.

I am just grateful for a place to express myself to people who do care to listen. I get to feeling like I get lost in the middle of all the people in my life who rely on me to solve their problems. This is one place where I can get validated. We all need to feel validated and worthy.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Power Poster

Girl, I gotta come up there and give you lessons. NOBODY rolls over me. NOBODY! They try....they may even think they succeed...but there is nothing as delicious as the wrath of the mad one. lol

Always enjoy to hear what you have to say, my dear. So you keep on posting.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:13 PM

I second Carol's comment - I'm always eager to read your posts! Could it be that sometimes the ones closest to us don't properly appreciate us?
Old 04-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Girl, I gotta come up there and give you lessons. NOBODY rolls over me. NOBODY! They try....they may even think they succeed...but there is nothing as delicious as the wrath of the mad one. lol

Always enjoy to hear what you have to say, my dear. So you keep on posting.
I would love to see my DGD stand up to you! LOL She thinks noone can back her down ever! and she is only 7!!! LOL

I would love to have you come!! You know that!! Sometimes I find myself trying to keep the peace too much. I did have to learn to step out of the middle where my DH and my mom are concerned! They each try to outmanuver the other one! Now if one has a problem with the other I tell them go tell her or him that not me!!!
Old 04-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Alondra
I second Carol's comment - I'm always eager to read your posts! Could it be that sometimes the ones closest to us don't properly appreciate us?
Thanks Alondra. Yes it is true those closest to you quite often don't see what is obvious to others. they take you for granted. I am my DHs care giver my DGS care giver on weekends my Mom's only child who lives beside her (and who she is still trying to raise!)and the goto for my kids when they need something. LOL I do feel like a gopher too often!! Tho my kids are pretty independant.

I just enjoy the board alot because there are so many great people who take the time to listen and care.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:45 PM

How neat that you would share that.....sometimes I believe it is easier to say things when no one can see you....gives freedom, I think.....It is good too, to know we are interested in what you have to say....and want to respond.....Gotta make you feel good....by the way, sometimes writing a letter or sending an e-mail is a good idea....fewer expectations perhaps.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:53 PM

I know exectelly what you are saing, that happen to me today when I got home I was telling my HD a story about work and he walk away two times, and then I was telling the story and then my son's girlfriend comes in the room and ask a question about a movie, and HD answers to her and I got ignore so I just walk alway, HD said finish the story and I just said is not worth it anymore, after that they all left the house to to there thing, at least now I get the house to my self.
thanks for listening
gloria

hope I don't fall a sleep like this cat did at the mouse
[ATTACH=CONFIG]180176[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-180170.jpe