Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I fixed my furnace today, New batteries in the thermostat, Yipppee saved a service call! >

I fixed my furnace today, New batteries in the thermostat, Yipppee saved a service call!

I fixed my furnace today, New batteries in the thermostat, Yipppee saved a service call!

Old 10-28-2010, 05:48 PM

Be careful changing your thermostat. My husband instisted I change (hes cute not handy) ours when we moved in because he is MODERN (so he thinks) and just had to have the digital theromostat instead of the "OLD" slide temp thingy. Well his 60 dollar generic brand from lowes thermostat ended up costing us 400.00 in service call and 120.00 for a new thermostat that is made for our system. We left one day and came home to the fan not working on our system (during the hottest part of the summer it was over 100 degrees in the house) it had pretty much ran itself to death because after three months the thermostat and unit decided they no longer wanted to be in a relationship! We have a Trane system and you have to have a "special" compatiable thermostat for them!
Old 10-28-2010, 06:12 PM
Power Poster

Ugh, found out my furnace isnt working at all. We are hoping its just the ignitor, it will only be $100.00...otherwise I dont know.......
Old 10-28-2010, 06:45 PM
Google Goddess

I hope you get your furnace fixed soon

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
Ugh, found out my furnace isnt working at all. We are hoping its just the ignitor, it will only be $100.00...otherwise I dont know.......
Old 10-28-2010, 07:12 PM

You go Crafybear!!! See, if it hadn't been for this board, you probably would have been paying out the wazoo for a service call,,,so we really need to be here "Researching" information that we can use in our everyday lives!! So if anyone asks, this board is vital to our existence.!!
Old 10-28-2010, 07:13 PM
Google Goddess

yes, this board saves us $$$, lots of ideas and tips for everything, we all learn from others on this board

Originally Posted by trisha
You go Crafybear!!! See, if it hadn't been for this board, you probably would have been paying out the wazoo for a service call,,,so we really need to be here "Researching" information that we can use in our everyday lives!! So if anyone asks, this board is vital to our existence.!!