I have failed....

Old 03-31-2011, 05:30 AM

Good for you.
Originally Posted by Quiltforme
Boys?? by chance they can use 4 squares and still be fine! I have tried and tried to get the kids to change it so guess what I did I gathered up all the TP and hide and I didn't answer their calls for help yes I am a mean mom but hey they learned their lesson!!
Old 03-31-2011, 06:46 AM

My kids were the same way. They never figured out where the dishwasher was in the kitchen either! We lived in that house for years and I was the only one who knew where it was!!!! LOL :roll: :lol:
Old 03-31-2011, 06:49 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by pamkasperi
as a Mother I may have failed.

My mother did it right. We were forced and tought and had to crammed into us that IF YOU USE THE LAST OF THE TOILET PAPER YOU GET A NEW ROLL AND YOU EVEN PUT IT ON THE SPINDLE....

Not one of my 5 kids knows how to do this....so I have failed....

Well not really failed I guess - they have learned to leave 4 squares on there so that its not really empty and in their minds needs to be replaced.

I don't understand it??? I don't care if the toilet paper is over or if its under...I dont' even really mind if its not on the spindle - althought I prefer it that way so it doesn't end up in the toilet. BUT.... I REALLY DO MIND going to the bathroom and there only being 4 square or there being NONE!

I thought I was teaching them everything they needed to know before they tackled the real world but I just missed this one!!!
I'm in that boat too. No one knows how to wash a dish, stack the dishwasher or clear the table at my house either! :roll:
Old 03-31-2011, 06:58 AM

My daughter was the same way. But now she is married and has her own home I find she is nagging at her husband for the same thing. (The toilet seat thing too) So I am getting my revenge now.

I always buy a big package of TP at Costco and when I get home I put about six rolls in each bathroom. That way if the roll is empty at least I don't have to go without.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:59 AM

My 9 yrold nephew was here for a weekend awhile ago. He has his own bathroom at home and doesn't lift the seat. That changed very quickly while he was here. I gave him the cleaning supplies the first time I saw the mess. He was great for the rest of the weekend!
Old 03-31-2011, 07:19 AM

take your toilet paper with you and force them to get another roll!!!
Old 03-31-2011, 07:32 AM

They forgot to change the roll I forgot to buy some for a week, I replace it with the phone book pages and hid the Kleenex boxes ( gave them an handkerchief for the week to blow their noses. The lesson was learnt very fast!
Old 03-31-2011, 07:40 AM

...and leave a swallow of milk so they don't have to get a new bottle from downstairs!
Old 03-31-2011, 07:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by quiltmom04
...and leave a swallow of milk so they don't have to get a new bottle from downstairs!
Last night I put the chips ahoy bag back in the cabinet with 1/2 of a cookie left it in - I didn't even leave the crumbs.....

that created 5 cabinet slams and some glares while I was grinning away on the couch! However....not one of them ate the last 1/2 of the cookie or threw the bag away - so I had it with my coffee this morning!!!
Old 03-31-2011, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by pamkasperi
Originally Posted by marymay
If you failed. Then so did I. It happens more time then I can count.It is better then the husband going to the bathroom in the middle of the night forgetting to put the tolet set down. Then you get up and fall into it. You wake up real fast.Life is so good. :-) being a Mother /Wife.
Ok - I complain about this and my husband says "Well turn on the light when you go in there and you would SEE that the seat was up!"
When DH and I were first married we had this discussion one time. He said to me," Honey, I will happily put the seat down for you if you will return the favor and leave it up for me after you use it." How could I argue with that logic? LOL

I solve the running out of TP problem by stocking each bathroom with it's own extra rolls easily reached from the commode.