Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I have gas over the price of gas... >

I have gas over the price of gas...

I have gas over the price of gas...

Old 03-03-2011, 08:53 PM

it was 3.49 this morning when i bought gas here in Illinois, the owner of the station told me it was going to go up in 2 days and would be 4.00 by summer and 5.00 by fall wow someone is thinking ahead of the gas prices
Old 03-03-2011, 08:54 PM

Way to go Kathy :thumbup: I feel the same way. Remember the quote from Geroge Orwell's book the Animal Farm?
"Some animals are more equal than others"
Old 03-03-2011, 10:08 PM

I was listening to an item on the news where the focus was on how the "hybrid" and all electric cars were flying off the show room floors. That got me thinking...

Apparently the "powers that be" whom ever they are, want us to all use less gas, but if in the future most of the cars are electric or a hybrid that runs on very little gas, can you just imagine what the price of gas will be then? And there will still be a few people like me who won't be able to afford a new car so will be stuck with an "antique" gas powered one.

BUT: I probably won't live that long, considering the price of gas going up as it is. Then by the time I do manage to get to the grocery store, I won't be able to afford the price of all the food that has to be trucked in. Oh, and considering the fact that our government agency doesn't see an increase in cost of living, I won't be getting a COLA, while it costs more for medicare.

So, lets see...my Social Security check goes down, but everything else costs more ... I guess I'll immerse myself in my stash and keep busy creating quilts so as to not think of how hungry I'm getting. I do want to lose weight, but I can think of better ways of doing it! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 03-03-2011, 10:24 PM

[Sorry to get on my soap box and rant and rave bit hay guys it isn't fair.
Thanks for letting me blow off steam kjym Kathy[/quote]

You won't get a complaint from me! I feel I can rant all I want (and unfortunately for some, I do) simply because I didn't vote for this current bunch.
Unfortunately, we peons aren't worthy of knowing what "deals" are made with other powers ... some that have even been made by passing Congress.
Give me a copy of the budget and a case of red pens and I think I could save us some.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:25 PM

It is about $3.79 here, but I saw an article on line about one gas station that is charging $9.00 a gallon. It is some kind of special 100 octane for high power cars, but $9.00 a gallons, no way.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:47 PM

Here in the U K gas is £1 35p per litre . When the price increases in a few days time it wil work out nearly £6 pounds a gallon!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-04-2011, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by rona thickpenny
Here in the U K gas is £1 35p per litre . When the price increases in a few days time it wil work out nearly £6 pounds a gallon!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's an even bigger ouch than Canada for those of you who don't know what a pound is worth! While the Canadian dollar is almost on par with the American dollar. , there are 1.64 American dollars in a pound.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:22 AM

I had to pay $3.44 yesterday....(grrrrrr)
Old 03-04-2011, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by Aunt Bea
I want to know who told "them" that I was planning to drive across the country the end of April.
LOL...
Old 03-04-2011, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by kjym
Did you know that you only have to be in office to get a almost full pay retirement??? Plus you get cost of living raises every year.
also Nancy polosi when she was speaker of the house flew back to California in the big jet because the one had to stop and refuel. So she flew home on the big jet for the tune of $60,000 each way and almost every weekend.
Also last time the the gas went up the powers that be talked about drilling in Anwat,Alaska and gee the price of
gas dropped. Why not do that and tell the oil guys in the middle east to eat their oil????
Plus if we would get nucular power instead of running the power plants on oil & Natural Gas and then run our cars on Natural gas look what we would save?
No one in this country has ever been killed by nucular power plants and how many coal miners are killed each year in those mines around the word? Plus coal is nasty dirty stuff that is poluting the air.
Oh also the powers that be also get a car,gas card,free medical, and full retirement,paid vacations etc.
My question is why can't they pay for that stuff themselves like we do??????? Now you know why they pay millions of dollars to get a $150,000 a year job. The perks are great wouldn't you say?
Sorry to get on my soap box and rant and rave bit hay guys it isn't fair.
Thanks for letting me blow off steam kjym Kathy
Well put.