Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I have lost it

Blog Entries

I have lost it

ok I was making cookies and scalloped potatoes got the recipe out of my box when I got done wanted to put stuff back in the box it is nowhere to be found I even had my husband help me.

Whew! I'm not the only one!! Hope you find it.

It's right there. I know it.

I would hate to have to rebuild my recipe box from a recipe for scalloped potatoes and cookies.

tim in san jose

If it's not in your trash then it will show up somewhere. It will be a big laugh when it does!
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Did it fall into a drawer by chance? Might you have carried it to another room to answer a phone or while doing something else? Did you step outside for some reason? I still haven't found my recipe box from moving across country 15 yrs. ago! Knowing me, I hid it so good that I can't find it.

Power Poster
    Well hopefully it isn't in the bottom of the scalloped potatoes! If it was on those little cards, they can fly just like a paper airplane.

Maybe when you were putting away some ingredients, you grabbed the box and put it away?? Hope you find it so you can sleep well tonight. I know I wouldn't if I couldn't find something!

Blog Entries
    Check inside refrigerator-I have done that one-lol !

Blog Entries
    we have checked all rooms freezer, refrig, and cupboards I even checked the dryer and washer. I sure hope it does turn up

I have had things fall between the appliances and haven't found them till I have pulled them out to clean. Usually by that time they are a mess.
    Lynda

I think all of us do this from time to time and there are so many places it could have gone -- been there, done that so many times -- I feel your pain!! -- I am trying to put things back when I use them, regardless of what it is -- good luck
    diane

Sorry for your loss! BUT.....now I know I am not alone in forgetwhere land! Oh, I have so many things there.....

Hope you find it. Maybe it's hidden with my fabric -- a 5.5 yard piece of blue with little white polka dots. If anyone finds it please tell me soon as I need it today.

I have done things like that so many times & it is frustrating. More than once I've been accused of "losing it" lol It will show up someday as long as it isn't in the trash but until then it will be a mystery. Let us know when you find it. Did you already happen to put it back in the recipe box?

In the trash by accident? In your pocket?
    Michelle Guadarrama

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Maybe like Annette stated it's in your recipe box. I have found things in my sewing room top of dresser drawer, bottom of refrigerator, freezer. In the shed or laundry room because of reading the recipe, rotating the laundry and instead of using a dryer sheet, I threw in the recipe. Attached to a grocery list maybe?

Blog Entries
    what I lost is the wood box it is big enough it could not be in pocket and we did check trash . Well my son found it it was behind a box kleenex

Blog Entries
    *** Ben there - done that.
    *** My car keys were in the fridge.
    *** My cell phone in the bathroom drawer.
    J J (jbj137)

I am a G.R.I.T.
    G = girl R =raised I = in T = the S = South

So glad you found it. I have stood in one place and lost things. I'm dumbfounded how that happens, but it does. such a mystery.
    jean

So glad your son found it! Mystery solved! lol

Do you have kids? If so ask them, one might have decided they like moms neat box of cards.

I do this enough, but more times than not, I have help. I was looking for my cosmetology stuff so that i could go cut an 85 year old friends hair. Could not find it for the life of me. The last time I saw it was in my car. Finally found it on a shelf in the garage where my so very helpful husband had placed it.
    The last thing I lost for quilting is my Teflon pressing sheet. I DID not loan it out, I had not used it for the past 2.5 years because of the hours I was working. I still have not found my original, however, my so very helpful husband did go to the quilt store and buy me a new one, because he was frustrated by my frustration. I'll find it one of these days, but the new one is hanging in my sewing room closet.

Good luck with your search.
    Susan
    “The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.” – Anonymous
    Susan - AKA _ Anglelight

Blog Entries
    My husband and I do this. It's our car keys. I always put them in a little basket, but DH puts them ANYWHERE. I keep 2 sets in the basket, because I know they'll get lost daily.

Actually it is the leprechauns. They do it to me all the time.
    Especially my glasses that have clear frames.

Glad it turned up! I have a great talent for losing things. The more I like something or think it's important, the more likely I am to hide it someplace "special" rather than where it belongs.
    Last edited by Rose_P; 09-19-2015 at 11:57 AM.
    True self-care is not salt baths and chocolate cake, it is making the choice to build a life you don’t need to regularly escape from. ~Brianna Wiest

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast