I Never Drink Diet Sodas

Old 05-23-2010, 05:33 AM
Banned

http://www.womentowomen.com/healthyweight/dietsoda.aspx
Old 05-23-2010, 05:36 AM
Power Poster

Good article.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:39 AM

It is a good article. I sense you feel strongly about this. What is your beverage of choice?
Old 05-23-2010, 05:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dsb38327
It is a good article. I sense you feel strongly about this. What is your beverage of choice?
Lemon water :thumbup:
Old 05-23-2010, 06:09 AM
Power Poster

Great post. My husband is a food chemist and I've learned so much from him over the years. As a consumer I was fooled into believing so many claims from the big companies - most of it is pure garbage- it's all about making things the cheapest they can ( like high-fructose corn syrup, just one example)and duping the public. I'm glad there is more awareness nowadays of just what exactly is in the things we eat. I'm all about organic and local as much as I can. I'd rather buy less and pay more for good products. Hey, that's a good way to lose weight!! :D
Thanks for the great post. Diet soda is BADDDDDDDDDDD
Old 05-23-2010, 06:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Great post. My husband is a food chemist and I've learned so much from him over the years. As a consumer I was fooled into believing so many claims from the big companies - most of it is pure garbage- it's all about making things the cheapest they can ( like high-fructose corn syrup, just one example)and duping the public. I'm glad there is more awareness nowadays of just what exactly is in the things we eat. I'm all about organic and local as much as I can. I'd rather buy less and pay more for good products. Hey, that's a good way to lose weight!! :D
Thanks for the great post. Diet soda is BADDDDDDDDDDD
Yep! And I read labels now and if I can help it I don't buy anything that says "high-fructose corn syrup". When I was younger and didn't care what I eat I used to hear "live to eat, not eat to live" and now I know why!
Old 05-23-2010, 08:34 AM
Power Poster

Yes, we do pay as we age for what we have consumed over the years...
It seems like there are some times that I just "have to have a pop" like the few times a year I have pizza or in the afternoon on a 90+ degree day :roll: I have found the carbonated waters flavored with fruit juice to be a good substitute, I wish restaurants/fast food places carried it. I will try making my own this summer...I have a juicer I may as well put it to good use :wink:
My big downfall is coffee...although I have switched to decaf LOL
Old 05-23-2010, 08:42 AM
Power Poster

I have seen these arguments alot lately. What they don't take into consideration is that diabetics have to use artificial sweeteners. And we buy caffeine free pop. So we do buy caffeine free diet pop. I started drinking diet pepsi 30 years ago and have had no ill effects from it.

I realize this is important to you and I am not knocking your views. But for me I have few options for a diabetic but to use the artificial sweeteners. It is an issue we have discussed and will not be changing any habits.

I do try to limit how much I drink tho.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:42 AM

the problem with downing caffeine is it does have uses... it helps blood flow, and is why so many doctors recommend it for vascular headaches.
i dont drink anything with sugar in it, i save my sugar consumption for chocolate lol (if you saw my butt, youd understand) lol

I never drank sodas b4 i got sick, i was a hickerbilly iced tea kinda gal lol...
Now i gotta have my diet dew to function :D
I have worse vices lol
Old 05-23-2010, 08:44 AM
Banned

I read EVERY label before I put any food in my mouth. I drink lemon or lime water. Also good cinnamon or clove water. Another is a splash of apple juice in water.