Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I Over Watered My Green Beans This Morning >

I Over Watered My Green Beans This Morning

I Over Watered My Green Beans This Morning

Old 05-07-2011, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by quilt1950
I would willingly sacrifice the green beans to over-watering to see that. (I'm sure your beans will be fine)
Ditto!!! I absolutely love those sweet little birds! I have an aunt who lives in southern Indiana, and she gets hundreds of hummingbirds around her place. It is so fascinating to watch them fly all around her, and they will land on top of her head as she refills the feeders!

You had an experience that nearly all of us will never have! It will be a memory that you will long remember!! :wink: :wink: If the green beans fail, it would have been well worth the sacrifice!
Old 05-07-2011, 05:22 PM

I enjoy watching the hummingbirds.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:52 PM

A few years ago I had a momma hummer who made her nest in my camellia bush just outside my window. I named her little momma, after a bit there were two little eggs, I had never seen this in my life. Before long there were two ugly little baby hummers. I name them Bubba and Sissy. A huge storm came up with wind and raid. Little Momma rode out the storm and sure enough so did Bubba and Sissy. I watched them gobble up food that Little Momma brought and watched as they found their wings and took off on their own. Sweet little birds, thank you God.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:12 PM

Its close to mating season - maybe they were getting ready :-). We have a few around our house and two of them looked like they were "playing tag" together, flittering and fluttering after each other.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:36 PM

I have another story I want to share. I have cats in neighborhood and one evening I saw a cat with a little hummer in his mouth, I panicked and grabbed the cat and squeezed his mouth until he dropped the little hummer. By all indications it was dead. I was compelled to place the little thing in a shoe box and prayed that God would save this little soul. The next morning I went out to the patio and was going to take the box to the trash, I peeked inside and this little bird flew out with a passion and up to the roof and came down almost face to face as if to say thank you. Last I saw he was over the roof and down the street! Since then I do know that miracles happen.