Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I should have known better. >

I should have known better.

I should have known better.

Old 07-15-2013, 02:58 PM

Default I should have known better.

I have taken over the family room as my sewing space. We still have a couple of chairs and a tv in there.It is a cozy room in the winter with a gas fire place.
We needed to replace the windows. Instead of windows I got a really good deal on 2 sliding glass doors.
Before Dh. started on the replacement I asked if I needed to cover everything. Answer."Nope just hang a sheet over the hole and it will be fine."
I now have a fine layer of sheet rock dust on ever thing in the room. I knew better. Why do I ever listen to him.
Not complaining I am going to love all the light and our puppy is going to be able to watch out those doors.
They will put in the 2nd door tomorrow. I will clean and rearrange. Looking forward to using this space again soon.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-16-2013 at 02:46 PM. Reason: pic had advertising on it
Old 07-15-2013, 03:04 PM

You'll love the room after everything is clean and in its place. LOL
Old 07-15-2013, 03:19 PM
Power Poster

if he'd hung some plastic and taped it in place it might have been better. But this way you get to arrange your sewing room "again". Looks good and double doors are great. I love light!
Old 07-15-2013, 03:19 PM

Oh I have have been through that more times than I can count. We just recently had a leak from the upstairs toilet. A repairman just mudded in the square, about 12" x 12". I should have known better and moved everything off of the counter but I didn't. So it took a couple of hours to just wipe everything down. The worst was the major remodel we did. Our home is 70+ years old and we had a single car garage and a sun porch with jalousie windows. We decided to knock out the wall between them and make a large family room. For six weeks we had construction going on. I have severe asthma and had HEPA filters all over the kitchen and new family room and bought extra for the rest of the house. It took about 4-6 weeks for the tiny particles to disappear.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:16 PM
Power Poster

Sorry about the mess!!!! Men just do not have a clue!!!!
Old 07-15-2013, 06:32 PM
Power Poster

​Drywall dust gets everywhere! Good luck with the clean up.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:57 AM
Power Poster

We had to have a ceiling replaced in kitchen and dining room. Talk about drywall dust. It was a weekend job and it took several weekends. SIL is a perfectionist and just kept sanding. Oldest Granddaughter helped clean it up. Some days she was busy and couldn't help. Vacuum cleaner blows it to other areas. I think several months later I have most of it cleaned up. Although I still find some on out of the way lid tops and such. I say no more drywall. I prefer wood paneling and painting it.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:32 AM

went though this last year when my husband took out 2 short divider walls between the kitchen and dinning room . by the time all the finish work was done I had to clean walls and everything in the house ,sheet rock dust can find all kinds of paces to settle onto. good luck. enjoy the extra light.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:58 AM

I had central heating installed. Workmen said just a little dust from cutting a channel across my hall , about 10 feet long. I wa still finding dust 12 months later it just didn't seem to settle .
Old 07-17-2013, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by DOTTYMO View Post
I had central heating installed. Workmen said just a little dust from cutting a channel across my hall , about 10 feet long. I wa still finding dust 12 months later it just didn't seem to settle .
The dust to may be coming out of the duck work if they didn't vacuum it out.