Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I should have listened to you guys >

I should have listened to you guys

I should have listened to you guys

Old 12-08-2010, 10:52 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by trueimage
I'd still tell her no and have her come pick up her fabric. It's not worth the stress.
I agree. It isn't your fault she waited so long to contact you or bring the fabric. This is a very difficult time of year to take on anything extra and she should be more considerate of your time. She wasn't and now your time is booked solid.

I'm sorry things like this happen to people who are so nice and thoughtful, and considerate of others.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:16 AM

Oh heavens ... why don't you call her tell her there isn't enough fabric for 2 and cuz of the late date, there is NO way you can even finish one ... you have so many other commitments that push hers to low priority (or something like that, but nice and sorrowful)

get yourself out of it, you aren't excited about making it.

I feel for you.

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA
Old 12-09-2010, 03:43 PM

Yes is such a nice word to say look how it makes you smile. Then no down goes the corners of your mouth. Remember what goes up must come down. Next time say No and say YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES to me. LOL
Old 12-09-2010, 04:33 PM

I agree, just say no next time. Not only was she rude and didn't keep her word, but she changed the order without consulting with you in the first place. Make one and tell her you didn't have enough time for the other and that she should have confirmed the additional jacket with you first.

Unfortunately, dealing with the public means dealing with people we don't like, but just move on and take it as a lesson learned.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:42 PM

lalaland ... so whatchya gonna do?

inquiring minds want to know.

I still say 'don't do it' ... give her back her fabric politely smile and say it just isn't gonna happen with 2 wks left till Christmas, you just can't possibly get it done, you have other projects lined up and even then some that aren't gifts won't get done till after Christmas AND then you have to have a break and recover from all that work.

not lying right?

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA
Old 12-09-2010, 06:00 PM

I would tell her since she didn't show up for 2 weeks you had taken other orders and wouldn't be able to get to her jackets before Christmas. Tell her you could do it next year if she still wanted you to do that. That would get you off the hook.
Ellie
Old 12-09-2010, 07:44 PM

I just hate it when you try to be a nice person and say yes when all the time that little voice inside is saying no no no don't do it.....and being the nice person you are you don't listen and it just goes from bad to worse. I agree with many of the other comments ahead of me. I know you said you threw out her phone # so I assume you can't call her. At some time she will call you or just show up then tell her you are sorry for any inconvenience but she broke the original agreement in many ways and you are unable to do this project for her. If the two of you decide on doing this at a later date.....listen to that inner voice and say no no no. She sounds like a person to steer clear of.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by trueimage
I'd still tell her no and have her come pick up her fabric. It's not worth the stress.
this is the advice to follow... except! you Do have her phone #, right??? lol...
Old 12-13-2010, 09:05 AM

Don't make it. Let her know she never showed, you have gone on with other things and you are far too busy to do this and also there isn't enough fabric.

Leave it in the sack.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:25 AM

It's hard to say NO but I'm going to put it back in my vocabulary.