I Spy Bag items

Old 09-24-2016, 06:40 AM

Default I Spy Bag items

I'm wanting to make about 3 I Spy bags & was wondering where I could buy those little "toys" that go inside of them. I've seen bags of them at Walmart but they don't have a variety bag & I don't need a giant bag of them. I have a few items here at home that I maybe could use but since we have no small children here it's hard to find objects that would do for the bags. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-24-2016, 07:13 AM

Oriental Trading Company (they have a website) has lots of small items. They are a reliable source for Sunday School classes, Cub Scouts, and other groups that work with children in groups.

You might try Dollar Tree store also. That kind of items would be in the birthday party section where little toys are given as favors.
Old 09-24-2016, 07:48 AM
Power Poster

I have not heard of I Spy bags before, are they little drawstring bags with little toys in them? If so, check the $ store birthday party areas.
Old 09-24-2016, 08:39 AM

Here's a tutorial for how to make one. You can finds a lot of different tutorials on the web.

http://ellenscreativepassage.blogspo...i-spy-bag.html

They are quiet toys for kiddos to play with.

I'll check out the Dollar Tree the next time we go. I didn't even think about that! Thanks.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:50 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for the link, it looks like a really cute gift idea!
Old 09-24-2016, 01:57 PM

Tartan, that's what I'm going to use them for. They would make great gifts for small children as stocking stuffers, etc.
Old 09-24-2016, 02:27 PM

These are so cute and they look easy to make. Thanks for the link!
Old 09-24-2016, 02:41 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by osewme View Post
I'm wanting to make about 3 I Spy bags & was wondering where I could buy those little "toys" that go inside of them. I've seen bags of them at Walmart but they don't have a variety bag & I don't need a giant bag of them. I have a few items here at home that I maybe could use but since we have no small children here it's hard to find objects that would do for the bags. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
In the tute she suggests little bags of animals they sell in the dollar section of Target. I'm sure dollar stores or Walmart have the same. Little erasers are good.

Thanks for this post... I had never seen I Spy bags before! What a fun little game to make.
Old 09-24-2016, 04:58 PM
yel

what about checking out a 50 cent bubble gum machine ---the ones that have those plastic /with stuff in them ...
Old 09-25-2016, 03:09 AM

I spy bags are new to me. Thank you for posting a link to a tutorial. What a great way to use up fabric scraps after making a child's quilt.