Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I think I'm just about at the end of my rope... >

I think I'm just about at the end of my rope...

I think I'm just about at the end of my rope...

Old 03-29-2010, 11:33 AM

Some of you know that my little Tinkerbelle has been having some health issues for the last few weeks. Yesterday, she had a reaction to the meds, and was having breathing issues...so back to the vet today, change meds...etc....more money....
Have to finish the tax stuff for my business so I can go to accountant Thurs. Lots of details still have to be checked and double checked. With my fibromyalgia I have many days that I can barely remember my name, let alone do some detailed work. So have to do it on a good day.
Just got home from the butcher shop and got the mail....the final straw just about broke my back...
Social Security Disability has been denied for the 2nd time. This is a legitamite claim, I can't do the job that I had any more and they seem to think that I can....I am so upset. I still have to call the disability lawyer and let them know that it was disapproved, but I just can't seem to make the call, yet. I just don't know how much more I can handle.....
Old 03-29-2010, 11:34 AM

((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))
Old 03-29-2010, 11:36 AM
Banned

Oh, sending good wishes from here. I hope you are able to take a deep breath and tackle things one at a time. Hang in there!!!
Old 03-29-2010, 11:40 AM

I'm so sorry...

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} Mama always said there would be days like this, but tomorrow the sun will come out again... (do I sound like orphan annie? tee hee, "oh the sun will come out tomorrow...") yeah, you don't wanna hear me sing.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:48 AM

Seems like it all comes at once sometimes, doesn't it?

I've come to the conclusion that unless you're missing a limb they don't think you're really disabled...after all you did make it to the appointment...you must be ok???
Old 03-29-2010, 11:53 AM
Power Poster

(((HUGS))) to you and Tink!!! I hope that the vet has Tink all taken care care of now...poor baby :(

Out here, everyone gets denied twice and then you have to go to the hearing. My hearing lasted only 10-15 minutes...I was approved immediately, and the last half of the hearing was spent waiting for the hearing officer to sign all of the paper work :roll: They would have been better off to just approve us and saved the money spent on the hearing.... It is so tough emotionally and financially playing the waiting game that they put us through :evil: Hang in there, your attorney will explain what your next step is and how long the anticipated wait will be (((HUGS)))
Old 03-29-2010, 11:56 AM

I am sorry. Make yourself some tea, take a deep breath and then call your disability lawyer again. Everyone, no matter who they are, has times in their life when they seem to be stuck in the "Valley of Despair". No one gets all good or all bad in their life and it's during the dark times that we stretch and grow. If you have some good friends or a close relative then this is the time to do a little leaning on them. Even the Bible reminds us "That in this world there will be trouble". I'm just sorry to hear that you are having too much of it right now. Be kind to yourself, little things like bubble baths, clean sheets and a good book may help. Know that others do care.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:00 PM

Thanks Amma and everyone else...Sorry if I sounded like a big crybaby! I know in my head that this is not as bad as things could be. But, it is hard to handle.
Lots of other stuff on my mind, too. Dad is having a dbl. knee replacement tomorrow. Aunt needs kidney surgury, but being very stubborn. Dad's brother is also having his knee replaced tomorrow. When it rains, it pours....
Old 03-29-2010, 12:04 PM

Don't feel bad. DH was denied back in October and we are still waiting for the appeal. He had a kidney transplant, diabetes, depression, and severe muscle pain on his neck. They still think that he should be working.

Don't give up.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:50 PM

Hey Tink's Mom you are not alone. You have a real support system here. Sending you prayers for the answers to your dilemma. Will pray for a peaceful heart for you.