Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Ice Cream and Cereal for Breakfast >

Ice Cream and Cereal for Breakfast

Ice Cream and Cereal for Breakfast

Old 03-23-2013, 01:30 PM

Goodness what a weird and wonderful mix of taste buds we have in this group! I really like raw potatoes w/ salt of course! I had a roommate once that made bologna and grape jelly sandwiches - that just about gagged me, first thing in the morning.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:07 PM

My family likes cheese sticks with breakfast.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:14 PM

My hubby eats rice like that for any meal. Not me, I eat rice with gravy on it or with butter and salt & pepper.

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
Leftover white rice, milk and sugar.

My best memory of my oldest brother Bryan and I sitting on the back steps of the house I grew up at. We would make this and sit outside. Just me......Little Sis and her Big Bro. We started this when I was about 5 years old and continued until I was 16.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:27 PM

[QUOTE=SusieG;5947554]I don't know how it ever came about but I love eating liverwurst sandwiches with raspberry jam! ~ It's an interesting yummy mix of sweet and salty.

SusieG--I'm glad that you mentioned this sandwich first because I was undecided if I wanted to "confess" that it is MY favorite too!! Can't beat the sweet/salty combo. You didn't happen to grow up in the Chicago area, did you? My name is Sue also!
Old 03-24-2013, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Nanny's dollface View Post
Cold leftover pizza from the night before!
This is one of my favorites too!
Old 03-24-2013, 02:50 PM

My Grandmother would make my Grandfather a dish called Rice Pop. It was white rice cooked in a soft custard served warm or cold with cinnamon. I guess you would call it rice pudding. They would eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner or as a dessert. I didn't like it as a kid because I didn't like the eggy taste of the custard. But I love it now. It's a comfort food for me. I used to eat sugar with cucumbers, when I was a kid. Bologna with ketchup sandwiches too. Used to eat sardines when I was a kid, wouldn't touch them now though!
Old 03-24-2013, 03:41 PM

I spent a lot of time in the desert near Palm Springs as a kid.. One of our favorite snacks when it was boiling hot was a nice bowl of large curd cottage cheese with icy cold buttermilk poured over the top.. a tiny bit of salt and pepper on top makes it perfect! Which is rather strange, because I do not like buttermilk to drink at all! It's also very good when your stomach is not feeling very well...
Old 03-25-2013, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Boston1954 View Post
Jim always laughs at me when I mix these together. I figure ice cream is a form of milk so why not. Jim shakes his head and smiles as though I do not know what I'm doing. Do you have unusual combinations that you enjoy?
When I was little, I sorta liked the taste of radishes, but they were too "hot" for my young taste buds. So I started dipping sliced radishes in mashed potatoes (or taters as we call them here). I also like fresh tomatoes covered with either mashed potatoes or fresh fried corn, and you can't beat chunks of Velveta cheese stirred into a bowl of tomato soup! :c)

Donna
Old 03-25-2013, 10:27 AM

We eat fried eggs with corn flakes in them. I grew up with them and all the GKs love them. Whenever we get a new family member we always make them try them and all but one so far has loved them. Cook eggs in margarine not oil
Old 03-26-2013, 08:10 AM

DH's favorite sandwich is peanut butter, cucumber slices and Miracle Whip

When I was little, my brother and I decided we wanted to hear how much Rice Krispies would "snap crackle and pop" if we put 7-Up on them. A bowl of Rice Krispies with 7-Up became our favorite after school snack!