Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: ideas/patterns for hats

ideas/patterns for hats

I need a no-sew craft for some younger kids (age 10 and under), preferably something useful. For the girls, I'm going to have them make the no-sew fleece petal scarves and hats. I'm not sure if boys wear scarves. I think I saw a dinosaur hat at one time that was no-sew and had the big spikey things running down the back of the hat....seems like they were petal-like shapes that you pushed through a hole on the other side to secure..... Does this sound familiar to anyone? Anyone have any other ideas specifically for boys? Much thanks!!

Blog Entries
    why not the same type of hats for boys.
    boys get cold too. if they make them, they will wear them. even a straight scarf with
    cut fringe at the bottom would be nice for a boy.
    how about pillow cases for boys to make? I HAVE A SON soon to be 25 and always had him
    make gifts for everyone. another thing I had him do was towels. He'd take a plain towel,
    lets say red, and I would iron the wonder under under the folded down edges and iron it onto
    the towel end. say a sports team for dinosaurs and he'd sew it down, good for gifts.
    I'd have the boys do hats and scarves too, easy and usable. show us some pictures.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Blog Entries
    also..google or bing polar fleece hats and see them, may give you some good ideas
    of how to decorate them. Maybe the pattern books havesome good ideas too.
    I haven't looked at them lately. Polar fleece is a great fabric for kids to work with. good luck
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Blog Entries
    I did pillow cases with my grands, and the boys even liked them! my oldest is 11, he really enjoyed it, even the 3 and 4 year old helped.
    fatquarters

here are a lot of no sew fleece hats. Fun!

This is a very cute pattern for no-sew hat/scarf from fleece ...
    http://my-fabric-obsession.blogspot....rial-easy.html
    Linda
    http://quiltingbiker.blogspot.com