Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: If I Didn't Have A Dog... Or Cat...

hey Ccorazone you cat resembles my millie(who passed away) we had her for 17 years. Every time I acquire a new four legged child Hubby says they have won the lottery.

Standing in front of Walmart begging for fat quarters
    Blog Entries
    Every day I sweep enough hair to have a new pet
    From the artist formerly known as Missus Fear...Hi, my name is Tracy and I am a hobbyaholic.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/blogs/m...ear-79671.html

Standing in front of Walmart begging for fat quarters
    Blog Entries
    5 cats and 4 dogs ( 3 cats are house guests)
    From the artist formerly known as Missus Fear...Hi, my name is Tracy and I am a hobbyaholic.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/blogs/m...ear-79671.html

Love it. I have two cats and I get a kick out of the fact that everything I do I am always being watched. Thanks for this.

Oh, the baby gates! I thought I was the only one. We've four dogs and four birds. Get the family home for Thanksgiving and there are nine pairs of eyes patiently watching every bite. Blessedly the sons' two GSDs, rottie, doberman and shep-mix have all been taught good manners.

BTW, you might add one more item to the list: Wearing/buying clothing in a color that matches your pet's hair.
    Last edited by Greenheron; 07-14-2012 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble View Post
    Rebecca this is great and I'll be sending it to a few friends!
    You described our homelife in a nutshell! We have 3 and often 4 doggies (I mean Angels) here!
    Ours, too, Rebecca. We lost one dog (at age 17) at the beginning of November last year, and before the month was out, we couldn't stand how sad the remaining dog seemed without his buddy, and we were afraid to leave him alone in the house. Finally went to a shelter and brought home a young one just before Thanksgiving. She's a bit too rambunctious for our older guy, but at least he doesn't seem to mind at all when we leave them for a few hours now and then. The two of them snuggle together, especially during the cooler months. They are in complete agreement that going out in the rain is extremely dangerous, unless there is a person with a leash in attendance.

The cats are sweet and very little bother now, but as they get older, we have to brace ourselves for the fact that things will tend to get difficult and increasingly expensive.

Can't imagine life without pets. Actually, I can, as you did, but they are worth every inconvenience.

3 cats in their teens, a 3 yr old dog, 12 (3wk old) chicks; the chicks are a first for us. We moved out of town last year, now I have a sewing room, just planted my first flower gardens, dh has his first veggie garden and we just got the chicks two weeks ago, dh is building a coop for them. We're in Heaven!

5 dogs, 2 cats and ALL the points in the post. I wouldn't know what to do without my black shirts growing dog hair.

I have 4 dogs and 2 of them shed constantly. It would be nice to have a fur free house. If you can go barefoot in the yard,
    you don't have fire ants or dogs. lol

Quote Originally Posted by nygal View Post
    That is so true all of it!! We have a lab mix and she is 10 yrs. old and we love her but she sheds on a second by second basis. My husband says he has to "shave the bottom of his SOCKS" before he puts his shoes on. lol I swiffer a LOT.
    I hear ya! My Leo is Lab/Basset Hound & you wouldn't think he'd shed but sometimes he looks like a dandelion! We brush him daily but he still sheds like CRAZY! But I wouldn't take a million dollars for him... I've just learned to like dog hair... LOL!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by erstan947 View Post
    We have 4 dogs and a cat. My DH said one day, "we have too many". My response was "which one do you want to get rid of?". I'm still waiting for an answer
    That reminds me of that sign "Missing: Husband & dog -- reward for dog"... LOL! Your DH should be glad you didn't say "Well, then maybe you'll enjoy staying in the garage since it's kinda crowded in here for you"... LOL! They're like your kids... like you said, try to pick one!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by chips88 View Post
    oh dont forget when the telephone rings they run to the phone as if it was for them. so cute..
    I had forgotten that! When the answering machine picks up (I'm not as speedy as I need to be when I have a 60 pound dog on my lap & the phone rings... LOL!), Leo listens intently, like he's expecting a message... LOL!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by JoyjoyMarie View Post
    We lost both our cats this spring. One had been ill for an extended time; the other just lost her 9th life on the road in front of our house. We haven't replaced them with a new family- it has been such a relief not to be worrying all the time (and paying the vet) for the older one, but my oh my how empty the house seems with just me and DH. We'll see how long we last.
    We went thru that last fall when our Yankee's seizure sjust became uncontrollable & he had to be put to sleep. It had been such worry (& expense) & we said we'd wait till summer to get another dog. Oh, the house was sooooo lonely! I was miserable! Then Leo came along in December & I dunno... I kind of felt like Yankee put him in my path. Does that sound crazy? I'm terribly, terribly for your loss. You'll know when the time is right.
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by lillybeck View Post
    I have 2 dogs that are part chiuaua and 1 full blooded one. They shed so much that I think I could make a new dog every day. I used to have cocker spaniels and they never shed this bad. I wil keep them all even with the carpet that of course I put in before I had the dogs.
    I've had cockers, too & they NEVER shed. You'd think they would but nope...
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by Missus Fear View Post
    Every day I sweep enough hair to have a new pet
    Every time DH brushed Leo, he says "I think I'll just save a little bit more of this & then make a Franken-dog"... LOL! But, c'mon... you know we wouldn't trade them for all the money (or fabric!) in the world. They sure are cheaper than therapy! Besides, shrinks won't cuddle with you... LOL!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by jeaninmaine View Post
    3 cats in their teens, a 3 yr old dog, 12 (3wk old) chicks; the chicks are a first for us. We moved out of town last year, now I have a sewing room, just planted my first flower gardens, dh has his first veggie garden and we just got the chicks two weeks ago, dh is building a coop for them. We're in Heaven!
    Here's how ancient I am... when I was little (I think I was 6), I had chicken pox at Easter time & my Mother thought it would give me something to watch so she bought me some chicks (dyed pastel colors) at Woolworth's. Does anyone else remember back in the day when you could get all sorts of "exotic" animals at the dime store (as we called'em back in the day)? I had a little tiny turtle, too. I was PETRIFIED of the chicks so they went to a friend who had a farm. To this day chickens scare me to death (not as bad as bats but darn near)!!!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

I grew up in Halifax, Nova Scotia. I remember one year when I was a kid I bought a dozen baby chicks and brought them home. 5 died during the night and the rest were taken back to the store as soon as it opened in the morning. I must have been about 8. I'm 71 now and I can still remember seeing all those darling baby chicks under the light in the window.
    I'm surprised they let me on the bus with them because the store was downtown.

The chicks we have now were my dh's idea, but I was very happy to go along with it. they're adorable and about three times the size they were when we got them. I can't wait for them to get their real plumage in. We got two each of six different breeds.
    Last edited by jeaninmaine; 07-15-2012 at 05:45 AM.

Oh can I relate! NO carpet, laminate floors, wet season (seems as if it is always raining here), big towels at the door entrance, vacuuming hair every day, sharing the bed with comfort loving dogs, oh it goes on and on.

We have 3 spoiled Labradors and one very spoiled cat who rules. Actually I think there is a 4th dog living here who is invisible. He is the one who has shed so much hair that he can't be seen! The one thing that I have NEVER been able to explain to my dogs is that I do NOT really need any help in the bathroom but if they do want to help they can turn on the water in the sink so the cat can have FRESH water from the tap.

I have often thought how interesting it is that we are so grateful that our kids grow up and leave the nest, AHH time for ourselves and freedom to do what we want, and then we go out and replace them with four legged kids. What were we thinking????
    Sweet Caroline

Or the ones (dogs) who knows how to operate the electric windows in your cars and politely rolls it back up when done sticking their heads out like mine! LOL
    take plenty of pic of family & friends, keep tabs on loved ones but make time for yourself !

Blog Entries
    When you were talking about the fur, you forgot to stay you could actually have a meal that wasn't garnished with dog hair!

We have 3 dogs (2 shepherds and a Pom) and 4 cats, all rescues!!! There is no love like rescue love!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

How true! With 2 long-haired cats, my clothes are alway covered in cat hair. I wouldn't have it any other way. They especially love to give me kitty hugs when I am wearing black or navy blue. I buy lint rollers by the box. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sandy l View Post
    I'm thinking of putting a label on all my quilts that say.........."Quilted with cat hair and love"
    My quilts are made from "pre-furred" fabric! As soon as I take my fabric out of the bag and put it on the cutting table, Andy curls up on it to take a nap. LOL

I just assume there will be a serious session with a sticky roller after I finish a quilt & before I give it away. But I wouldn't have it any other way!!!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2