If you use Bill Me Later

Old 11-28-2011, 02:34 PM

I could of known about this earlier this month, I got caught when it said 2 week trial catch from the time you ordered ,not the time you get it. So you actually get a 11 day trial and they would not give me a refund. It went through a billing company. The guy told me I don't know how anyone can misunderstand that. It's pretty plain. I don't think they heard the last of me yet it was alot of money.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:09 PM

DH clicked on the PayPal pay later button last year. He had a horrible time getting cancelled after he paid it off.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:59 PM

Thank you for this info.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:50 AM

My DH got on line & was checking our credit score. Don't know why he did this as we owe no one, home, car,trucks everything is pd for. On his chg card the next billing were charges for $1.00 & $29.95. Had him call & it was for the FREE credit check. He had signed up for a yr @ $29.95 per month to be able to check his credit. What a scam. They would only refund the $1.00. I have such a time with him on that computer. He is always signing up for free stuff & going into sites that we get tons of email. I had gotten him his own lap top last yr for Xmas, now I wish I hadn't. I am going to have to go in & lock him out of alot of sites. He is worse then a kid on this thing.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts View Post
Be very very careful. I put a few purchases on it and was told by customer service, over the phone, that I did not have to make any payments until next April. But because I heard bad things about them on the Paypal forum, I decided to check my account. I had a payment due in 2 days!! If I had missed it there would have been a $35 late fee. (on a $17 balance).
I called CS again and heard some convoluted story about how I did have that promotion on the account but it did not apply to those purchases. What??!! So I hung up, paid it off, and will NEVER, NEVER use this company again.
You have to watch your back all the time when it comes to your finances.

Yes, it is awful! once burned, twice cautious ... they should be reported.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:01 AM

This is just one of many reasons I love this board. I haven't used this option but Now I never will.
Thank you so very much.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:28 AM

I had not signed up for nor approved a Bill Me Later account and yet I rec'd an email that I had a payment due. I found PayPal's customer service number, called, and had quite a time getting them to cancel Bill... Now if I use PayPal, it goes on my card immediately.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by spartan quilter View Post
I have never used it, and sure glad that I haven't, after reading these comments. So much info from this board, thanks to all.
I definitely agree! I have not used it and now, won't! Thanks to all from me also!
Old 12-01-2011, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by DJRustic View Post
My DH got on line & was checking our credit score. Don't know why he did this as we owe no one, home, car,trucks everything is pd for. On his chg card the next billing were charges for $1.00 & $29.95. Had him call & it was for the FREE credit check. He had signed up for a yr @ $29.95 per month to be able to check his credit. What a scam. They would only refund the $1.00. I have such a time with him on that computer. He is always signing up for free stuff & going into sites that we get tons of email. I had gotten him his own lap top last yr for Xmas, now I wish I hadn't. I am going to have to go in & lock him out of alot of sites. He is worse then a kid on this thing.
Well worth repeating that "Freecreditreport.com" is NOT FREE. (the one with the ads on TV). If you want the free credit scores that you are entitled to once a year, go to "annualcreditreport.com". This allows you to get a free copy from the three credit unions. Request one every 4 months for good coverage throughout the year.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:53 AM

Default Bill Me Later

Originally Posted by Treasureit View Post
I did the same thing! I accidentally hit that option when paying for something - wondering why I had to fill out all that information again....thought it was part of paypal...I immediately got a bill...so I paid it and closed the account.
A lot of companies are very "shifty". I just recently got took by a service I had been using for several months on the promise that I would be billed $37 every 6 months. When I checked my bank statement they had charged me $91, I called they told me I misunderstood their sales rep, the $37 was only for the first 6 months. I was very upset. They did not explain to me that it would be more at the end of 6 months. You really have to be careful they have slick ways of deceiving you.