Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I'm Looking For Patterns For Specific Type Bags... >

I'm Looking For Patterns For Specific Type Bags...

I'm Looking For Patterns For Specific Type Bags...

Old 11-13-2012, 05:44 AM

Now, I'm looking for a slightly different type of bag...a Lingerie Bag for traveling. My sister said my nieces would love a small bag they can tuck in their tote bags when they go on trips. She said it is a lot easier to just reach into their tote bag and pull out the lingerie bag instead of digging thru all their stuff...and it's a little more private.

I need the pattern to be simple and easy to make...not much time to get them done. One is in her last semester of college!! But they both are on the go all the time!!
Old 11-13-2012, 07:52 AM

Good job on the walket tote. I have just gotter over having to use a walker. I knew it would be temporary, so I just took 2 shower rings and attached the handles of a sturdy tote to them and let it hang down into the walker. They were not secured in any other way, but did the job.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:55 AM

Ps 150, I too use a walker (I upsized to a Rollator since I won't be ditching it in this lifetime). Right now I'm using a leather organizer that's made for a car seat but I'd like to have something smaller & pretty.
Where did you find your pattern? I've seen several but don't think I've seen one like that.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by bakermom View Post
I've used this pattern for cell phone bags:

http://www.quiltsmart.com/khxc/index...88768ri1a34555

It is a bit pricey but comes with the printed interfacing to make 3.
This Link will open into the account of the last person to click the link, please some one take it down and replace it with a link that is safe....nice site by the way.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:55 AM

Default Urgent message about this link

Originally Posted by bakermom View Post
I've used this pattern for cell phone bags:

http://www.quiltsmart.com/khxc/index...88768ri1a34555

It is a bit pricey but comes with the printed interfacing to make 3.
Just to let everyone know, when you open this link, i was in someone elses account, after i deleted and logged out I had an email message from someone saying this happened to them, she notified the web site and so did i.
Just be aware in case this happens to you.

In no way am i accusing anyone of doing anythin wrong, all i wanted to do was place an order for this bag,

Thank you
Old 11-13-2012, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor View Post
Ps 150, I too use a walker (I upsized to a Rollator since I won't be ditching it in this lifetime). Right now I'm using a leather organizer that's made for a car seat but I'd like to have something smaller & pretty.
Where did you find your pattern? I've seen several but don't think I've seen one like that.

Here is a link to the site I used: http://www.sewingsupport.com/sewing-...lker-bags.html I did the first pattern that they have displayed as a pink one.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by craftymatt2 View Post
Just to let everyone know, when you open this link, i was in someone elses account, after i deleted and logged out I had an email message from someone saying this happened to them, she notified the web site and so did i.
Just be aware in case this happens to you.

In no way am i accusing anyone of doing anythin wrong, all i wanted to do was place an order for this bag,

Thank you
weird. I used the link just to show what was available. I have no clue whose email is showing up. I bought my pattern in a store not online so it's not my address.

http://www.quiltsmart.com/khxc/index...ef=fun_cellbag

hope this link is better

Last edited by bakermom; 11-13-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:53 PM
Power Poster

Can either of you tolerate wearing a belt? Then you could make "holsters" that you could hang on your belts that could hold your phones.

I've also seen patterns for bags that sling across a person's chest.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:03 AM

No belts for me . I have extensive metal hardware in by back and there are several screws that protrude in just the right areas so that wearing a belt or snug waistband are torture (and also put enough pressure there to cause my legs to refuse to work ). My fancy walker is a God send

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
Can either of you tolerate wearing a belt? Then you could make "holsters" that you could hang on your belts that could hold your phones.

I've also seen patterns for bags that sling across a person's chest.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:12 PM

I do put somethings in my pockets, but sometimes I try to carry larger items, and my back pain won't allow for me to carry a bag over my shoulder while hunched over a walker. It would just be too much. So, I made this. I do use a shoulder bag when I'm using my cane, though. It's handy to have when one of your hands is occupied.