Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I'm not getting any sewing done because... >

I'm not getting any sewing done because...

I'm not getting any sewing done because...

Old 04-25-2023, 12:04 PM

I am sewing today. Played hooky and worked on my project. Had to shut down the machine due to bad weather coming in though. It’s been a fun day making progress on the table runner.
Old 04-25-2023, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
No explanation needed. 🤣
However, she's only like this in the mornings, and usually snoozes the afternoons away. So I just love on her when she gets in my way.
I have one of those also. She is an expert helper and likes to sit on the leaf of my sewing table to look out the window when I am sewing and of course that also means sitting on the project .

Since I finished my last quilt, I have been designing the next. It's also been chilly here in SC, so hubby and I have been doing our bike riding early to mid afternoon. The dog also needs to be walked, so not much other than the design of the next quilt has been done. Hopefully, will get to starching and cutting tomorrow.

Shari
Old 04-25-2023, 06:02 PM
Power Poster

Another reason I don't get as much sewing done is that I have to stop when my back or neck starts to hurt. And that's why I'm back on the computer now.
Old 04-25-2023, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by tallchick View Post
Work! Somedays you’re the windshield, some days you’re the bug!
This is so true! Work definitely gets in the way and this time of year, it's been closing out first quarter, taxes, buying a new car, selling fabrics on eBay and the dogs. Some days I definitely feel like the bug and I'm lucky to get an hour to do some EPP.

Last edited by cashs_mom; 04-25-2023 at 07:47 PM.
Old 04-25-2023, 08:49 PM
Power Poster

Lack of mojo. It will return eventually. Meanwhile doing other things I enjoy. I quilt for my own pleasure so no pressure.
Old 04-26-2023, 03:06 AM

I have mourning doves outside by my window, they are fun to watch. Plus I play too much golf because the weather is so beautiful now. I plan on getting busy quilting this weekend.
Old 04-26-2023, 03:20 AM

Peckish: What a sweet helper and distraction you have! My reason for not getting much sewing down is it's a busy time on the farm. I am happy to get to sit down for lunch as some days this is done on the go!
Old 04-26-2023, 03:56 AM

I'm not getting any quilts done because I am hooked on making the clam up bags with Kaffe fabric. I make a simple version and from start to finish it takes and hour and twenty minutes. Fun and done. I have been gifting them to friends and family.
Old 04-26-2023, 04:36 AM

Well, more like no quilting getting done because I had cortisone shots shot into the bottoms of my feet along the toes. No, I didn't scream but it did come to mind. Dr. told me I might get some burning sensation the next day and to take Tylanol. So far no burning but seems I have bruising on the bottoms of my feet so a bit tender to stand on. It's better today so I'm going to try to get back to quilting again. Got all my sewing parts done last week.
Old 04-26-2023, 04:57 AM

Default I'm discouraged

I got my machine in December and have had SO much fun building a stash but as it turns out, I can't sew a straight seam. Yet. And my stitches are either too tight or too loose. I am stumped with super basic stuff. No sewing classes within an hour driving time. YT is great, but I NEED some one on one. Plus there's so much work outside. I'll get back to it, just a little bummed. 😏