Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I'm not getting any sewing done because... >

I'm not getting any sewing done because...

I'm not getting any sewing done because...

Old 04-26-2023, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
Another reason I don't get as much sewing done is that I have to stop when my back or neck starts to hurt. And that's why I'm back on the computer now.
Yep, me too. Had to stop just now midway through chain piecing because of the back issue. Will get back to it when it eases up.

Rob
Old 04-26-2023, 07:42 AM

Mother Nature in her infinite wisdom decided to blow a ton of oak leaves all along my front flower bed, and the back deck, included are two sets of steps to the deck. Now mind you these are leaves from 2022. Tired of waiting for husband to rack and bag them all up, so I did it. Two big paper recycle bags packed absolutely full. This week I also cleaned the garage, grocery shopped, and did 5 loads of laundry and cleaned house. My time to sew is at 3-4 am when he's asleep.
Old 04-26-2023, 09:36 AM

New machine, unlike others so knowledge doesn’t transfer. Must read and study manual.
At the same time, berni is at service.
In between projects.
pinning counter is covered… Could clean and pin quilt sandwich.
Hubby in a huff, so now I’m stewing, not creative.

AND it’s my BD. I’ll make what I want for celebration. Forget the chocolate cake he wants. It’s not his birthday. But, takes the fun away when he can’t be happy for me. Pitty party. As I said, he’s in a huff.
Old 04-26-2023, 10:02 AM

Pet, happy birthday! Enjoy your day and good luck with the learning curve on new machine.
Old 04-26-2023, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Imlookinup View Post
I got my machine in December and have had SO much fun building a stash but as it turns out, I can't sew a straight seam. Yet. And my stitches are either too tight or too loose. I am stumped with super basic stuff. No sewing classes within an hour driving time. YT is great, but I NEED some one on one. Plus there's so much work outside. I'll get back to it, just a little bummed. 😏
Practice, practice, practice. I've been sewing on a machine for almost 60 years and quilting off and on since the 90's and its still a learning curve to do anything new. Just keep at it. You'll get it. And I've learned that sometimes the hour drive is the best couple hours I could have spent.
Old 04-26-2023, 10:46 AM

Today's reason 😆😆😆
I had to stop working. I was trying to cut fabric and her paw is lightning fast! I was terrified I'd cut her.
Attached Thumbnails paw.jpg  
Old 04-26-2023, 11:59 AM
Power Poster

We moved.

I did not do the packing.

I do not know where anything is.

I smashed my upper arm and shoulder last August and do not have the strength (yet) to throw boxes around to find things.

My helpers were a bit ruthless in deciding what I did and did not need anymore. I was too out of it at the time to do proper supervision.

Waah waaah waah

Old 04-26-2023, 06:22 PM

Because I've got 5 orders for needed quilts, coasters, table mats, and I want to do meaningless sewing. Also one quilt top needs to be loaded. Ahhhh, think I'll read.
Old 04-27-2023, 01:08 AM

I just couldn't get out of my way yesterday. Bad news is I have pt 2 of a class (that I paid money for!) And I haven't finished the "homework",
Old 04-27-2023, 01:52 AM

I fell down the collage hole!