Inflation gone crazy.

Old 06-20-2023, 09:17 AM
Power Poster

Default Inflation gone crazy.

I found a shopping bag in my sewing room I forgot about. In it was 2 packages of 5 Fiskar rotary 45mm blades I bought at Hobby Lobby. We moved in the house in 2021 and I know I bought these after the move. The price tag on each package was $4.49. I went to Hobby Lobby this morning and thought I'd check the blade prices now. Each package of 5 Fiskar blades are $19.99.

I did chat with the employee in the fabric dept. She said she said she didn't know the blades came in the boxes that long ago, suppose to be the new packaging or new to HL anyway. She said HL was changing to stock more home/holiday dec items and each dept was getting smaller that wasn't home dec or holiday dec. HL has stopped stocking many quilting tools and she heard that the fabric/yarn dep was to be downsized.
Attached Thumbnails img-0655.jpg  

Last edited by Onebyone; 06-20-2023 at 09:32 AM.
Old 06-20-2023, 11:30 AM

Yikes! That's a drastic result of inflation for that. I don't know why that is happening. I'm in "make do" mode. I really don't know how people can feed their children as groceries have gotten so expensive.
Old 06-20-2023, 11:40 AM
Power Poster

I keep my grands most days while school is out for the summer. I have a big increase in my grocery bill. LOL
Old 06-21-2023, 05:34 AM

Even a couple of years ago, that would have been a fantastic price for rotary blades. I don't remember when I've seen just one for that price.
Old 06-21-2023, 05:29 PM
Power Poster

Not only inflation but shrinkflation too. My Becel margarine came in the same container for the same price but looking at an old container, I see it contains 50 g less.☹️
Old 06-22-2023, 02:43 AM

I got all my rotary cutting supplies at a couple of yard sales, great deals!
Old 06-24-2023, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
Not only inflation but shrinkflation too. My Becel margarine came in the same container for the same price but looking at an old container, I see it contains 50 g less.☹️
Have you noticed what "they" have done to a half gallon of ice cream? A half gallon would be eight cups. Now the containers hold less than six cups.
Old 06-24-2023, 07:33 AM
Power Poster

I use to buy Fiskar rotary blades at Walmart, ten for $9.99. The last package I bought for that price has the date of 2016. I alway write the date on packages I put in my stash. Try to use up the old ones first.
Old 07-16-2023, 11:23 AM

My Mom was a farm wife who made delicious meals with few ingredients so I try to cook that way too. Bread is horribly expensive so I make my own or use frozen dough. I worked out a barter with a friend for garden produce in the summer and we’re both happy with that arrangement. I’m glad my parents were careful with money and raised me that way too.
Old 07-16-2023, 01:07 PM
Power Poster

When I see a great sale on blades and thread I stock up. Thread price at the quilt shop seems to be higher every time I check.