Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Instead of New Year's resolutions >

Instead of New Year's resolutions

Instead of New Year's resolutions

Old 01-08-2013, 10:22 AM

Default Instead of New Year's resolutions

Know better than to make New Year's resolutions because I just don't keep them but do have a lot of things I'd like to accomplish this year in the sewing, quilting, crocheting, crafting areas so this is what I did. Bought a large loose, leaf notebook...if it's not attractive, embellish it (makes you want to actually open it!) Went through all my craftbooks, sewing books, quilting books, things I got from the internet, etc. took about an evening and a half) and picked out things I really wanted to do this year. Then I hunted up the patterns from my pattern stash, made copies of those things I was interested in completing this year out of my myriad of books....anyway, you get the idea ( everything I wanted to do, complete, in one book)...and every week I pick out one project and, "just DO it". It's only the 8th and so far I've made one pillowcase out of 1930's fabric and today I'm working on little valances for the window in my sewing room and the patio sliding door. And, NO STRESS! Have a week to do a project in but, if I get it done earlier and I'm feeling ambitious I can move right on to another. Works for me...maybe for you too?
Old 01-08-2013, 10:46 AM

Sounds like a good idea. Sometimes a week is just right, sometimes you will need more time. I think the planning for each project will continue to be rewarding throughout the year!
Old 01-08-2013, 10:57 AM

Sounds like a great way to get some want-to-do items done, and the satisfaction seeing them complete. Maybe I'll work on my "stuff" this weekend and get some projects in a binder too. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:06 PM

What a great idea. You can then review the book at the end of the year and see just what you have accomplished.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:21 AM

I like that idea. It is in written/picture form instead of floating around in the head. The more I think about it, it is a fantastic idea. Thank you for sharing. Take care.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:31 PM

This is a really neat idea! I sometimes get so fragmented, wanting to do so many different things. This would be a good idea to really focus me. Thank you for sharing.