Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Interesting Top I saw on Pinterest >

Interesting Top I saw on Pinterest

Interesting Top I saw on Pinterest

Old 08-24-2022, 06:00 PM

From Janey (Our Work Bench) on how to post pics:

"We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button.

I have found that only the big red "Reply" button or "Quote" work to give me the paper clip icon to work for adding pictures.
https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...p-location.jpg

Some additional info regarding reducing images at post #4 and images for the scroll and upload button can be found at #5 of quilt block ID?

Another way to post pictures can be found at 2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap
And how to use an ipad to post pictures can be found at Uploading photos

Or simply - Make sure pictures are smaller than 2MB
Click on red "Reply" button
Click on the paper clip icon
Click browse - choose picture/s. (only 5 allowed per post)
Once they show up as being loaded, Scroll over to the right side and click on "Upload"
After the pictures show up as being attached, you can close that window and go back to the screen to finish posting your post."
Old 08-24-2022, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Suz View Post
I don’t know how to post pictures. If someone will PM. I’ll send you to pix location and then you can post for me. Thank you.

Otherwise, I’ll try to describe how it is constructed. (My napkins are about 20” with a 1-3/4” hem all around.) For the back, using two napkins, lay this hemmed part on top of each other and stitch down the back, neckline to hem resulting only one 1-3/4” strip down the back. Your fabric should measure about 38” x 20”.

For the shoulder seam: stitch one napkin (just the edge butting the two edges together, not overlapped as before) of the long edge leaving about 4” unstitched for the neck hole. Do the same from the other edge, again leaving a neck hole.

For the arm hole: leave an opening of 6 or 7”, butting the two edges together. Again, do not overlap, stitch to the bottom hem.

The front: the two fronts will eventually be lapped when buttoned. The right half will get 5 buttonholes with 5 buttons on the left half, all in the 1-3/4” hem. From the shoulder seam will you will fold a lapel causing a “v” above the buttons. Repeat on the opposite side.

I hope this makes sense. Question me if you need. And no, I have not made mine as yet. I just observed the illustrated photos at the site long enough to see how it was made.
Pics from Suz. I like the finished blouse.
Attached Thumbnails img_7002.jpg   img_7003.jpg   img_7005.jpg  

Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 08-24-2022 at 06:39 PM.
Old 08-24-2022, 06:27 PM
Suz

The best photo is not here. I’ll send to your phone again. Thanks for helping me out by posting.

Incidentally, the one photo shows the embroidery on my napkins.
Old 08-24-2022, 06:35 PM

Thank you, cashs_mom!

I think the one that you saw was probably from https://www.threadsmagazine.com/2019...ops-for-summer

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 08-24-2022 at 06:39 PM.
Old 08-24-2022, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Suz View Post
The best photo is not here. I’ll send to your phone again. Thanks for helping me out by posting.

Incidentally, the one photo shows the embroidery on my napkins.
It's posted now. That is a nice finish for 4 napkins. Now, if I just had some neat napkins. Looks like I need to go antique shopping.
Old 08-24-2022, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
Thank you, cashs_mom!

I think the one that you saw was probably from https://www.threadsmagazine.com/2019...ops-for-summer

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Great find Janey!
Old 08-25-2022, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana View Post
It's posted now. That is a nice finish for 4 napkins. Now, if I just had some neat napkins. Looks like I need to go antique shopping.
Make sure they are oversized napkins. If you're bigger than a size 6 4 regular napkins aren't gonna do it.