Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: iPad vs other?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
    Have the ransomware removed and enjoy your iPad. You don't replace your car when when the glove box is full or your house when the bathtub gets a ring in it.
    Do it yourself, see my instructions above. No chance of doing it wrong yourself, and free! {Translation-more money for fabric!}
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

Blog Entries
    Before I got my iPad, I did buy a Sony E-reader. It was very easy to learn, but all I could do on it was read books. It did weigh more than most books, could not be read in sunshine, and had the added hazard of dirt, dust, and debris causing damage. I decided I preferred the durability of real books, so passed it on. DH decided on a android tablet. His screen is not compatible with my eyes for some reason and looking at the screen gives me a headache, because of the lines crossing the screen, and he ignores his android and uses mine instead, so we are getting him a reconditioned Ipad2. We are both too old and clumsy to pay for "brand new pretty" and reconditioned machines done by Apple work great. (More money for sewing!)
    Last edited by madamekelly; 08-23-2015 at 08:34 AM.
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

I have a Kindle fire and it is just perfect for me when I am in the sewing room. I put it on a Cookbook stand, and can watch the videos from Utube with it in easy reach for stop and go. Never have had a problem

I have the Kindle Fire 8.9 and absolutely love it. I have had it almost
    two years and highly recommend it. It does everything I want it to do.
    so many quilts to make, so little time.

I started with a Samsung Galaxy tablet & had no problems. All facebook info that came through on my laptop automatically came to my Samsung UNTIL I bought my iPad then I had problems. Thanks to a terrific lady from thei Tech Dept., we got it sorted out after an hour on the phone. After trying the 2 tablets, the iPad is good but not worth the extra cost compared to Samsung Galaxy. The only reason I changed in the first place was because my granddaughter wanted a tablet so I gave her my Samsung & bought myself an iPad (mostly because of all the hype around them). I sometimes with I had kept my Samsung. IMHO.
    Dance like no one is watching

I started out with a Samsung tablet and hated it. After two years I decided I wanted something user friendly. I went to my cell phone provider (US Cellular) and bought an Ipad from them. I love it. For the main reason, anytime I have a problem, I go to US cellular and they are very willing to help correct the problem.

Since we are talking about computers, Has anyone downloaded windows 10 for free. I did upgrading from windows 7. My computer is so much faster now and easy to learn!
    Mary

I've been using Apple products since 1985 and have generally been happy with them. Very few problems. I don't have an iPad but do have an iMac, a Macbook Air and a Macbook. What I also have is Applecare. Apple has the best rated service system. Have a problem? Just contact them. They will call you immediately, either by phone or online and spend whatever time necessary to fix the problem. Applecare, I believe, also covers cost of replacement parts.

There are a lot of good tablets. I have had iPads for several years. Upgraded twice to newer versions. The reason I like iPad is that it "talks" to my iPhone. When I put something on my calendar on either device it automatically goes to the other device and I can send calendar data to my husband's iPad. It is good for keeping our scheduled appointments, meetings, etc. straight. Same with pictures, contacts, notes, etc. Also, the Apple system is not suseptible to viruses like the windows systems are. At leat not yet . . I'm sure somebody will learn to hack the system eventually, but so far, they haven't been able to do it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2