Ipad world

Old 01-20-2013, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by namom5 View Post
How did you find the Missouri Star App for the IPad? I searched and came up with no results. By the way, I love my IPad...
Namom,
Click my link two comments above yours and it'll take you there! ;-). Have fun!
Old 01-20-2013, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by sewmany View Post
I just wanted to share my experience about my ipad. I got an ipad for christmas. But until now, i was not doing anything else with it but what i was doing in my computer. That is checking my sites,emails and googling.
Lately, i ventured to the world of the App store. Amazingly, found lot of educational things FOR FREE. (But still need be aware of those who sneak in for you to purchase.)
the app i am enjoying with while quilting is the (free ) pandora. Selective favorite musics.
favorite vocabulary learning is LSATSKY.

Does anyone else have a favorite they like to share.? I am dilettante to the ipad world.
Yes, I understand about the free apps. But my kids said "Really, Mom, most of those things are less than $5 -NOT $50! These apps are what make your iPad so functional!" So, I'm trying to ease up and spend a couple of bucks now and again for cool apps. Just sayin'!
Old 01-20-2013, 02:01 PM

I'm so far behind with all this tech stuff - guess this old dog can't learn new tricks.......
Old 01-20-2013, 04:10 PM
Power Poster

I gave my IPad to my granddaughter and use my Kindle Fire. It does everything I want. Movies, tv, music, all the apps I want, books, pdf files, and quilt videos. It cost nothing per month as it connects to my home wi fi. I love the new technology. I try to keep up with the basic. Pixel of Ink has free Kindle books every day, Amazon has a paid app once a day for free. Every channel on our cable tv will play on the Kindle with the app from the cable company. Sometimes I stop and think imagine this!

Last edited by BellaBoo; 01-20-2013 at 04:12 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:11 PM

I'm saving my money for one myself! My dd got one for her graduation from college from her dad (we're divorced) and at work several of my coworkers have them. I could use one of those....but great ideas of the apps! Thanks for the info!
Old 01-20-2013, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
I gave my IPad to my granddaughter and use my Kindle Fire. It does everything I want. Movies, tv, music, all the apps I want, books, pdf files, and quilt videos. It cost nothing per month as it connects to my home wi fi. I love the new technology. I try to keep up with the basic. Pixel of Ink has free Kindle books every day, Amazon has a paid app once a day for free. Every channel on our cable tv will play on the Kindle with the app from the cable company. Sometimes I stop and think imagine this!
Wow BellaBoo, your granddaughter is a lucky girl! What a thoughtful thing to do.
I have both the iPad and the Kindle Fire. I like the iPad (which works with wifi like the Fire) better most of the time, because of the size of the screen, and I LOVE the camera. It takes beautiful pictures that I can print immediately through my Walgreens app. I also love my Kindle Fire for when I'm on the road as its easier to put in my purse. I especially like that the iPad and Kindle Fire work together with all the books I have. I have tons of reading material, and in the year I've had the Kindle, I have only paid for ONE book! All the rest I have found online, I get three emails a day with all the free books available for that time. I would have a hard time giving either of them up!
Old 01-20-2013, 05:33 PM

I read kindle & e-books on my mac as well as kindle, I love to listen to clark howard while quilting, I have been a mac user for years and my next big splurge is the i-pad. Congrats. on ur new toy.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:31 AM

I've had my ipad for 1 year & learn something new on it everyday. My favorite apps are Pandora and Pinterest. Would like to find Missouri Star. Will search in a little while
Old 01-21-2013, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by Grandma Mary View Post
YEAH!!!! I just found the MSQC app by searching it on Safari! Thanks Tartan for giving us the idea. Here's the link!

https://itunes.apple.com/.../app/mis...ompany/id51378...
I keep trying with no luck. Even in the app store it comes up in a search but when you click on it it says, "no result"
Old 01-21-2013, 05:10 AM

I found it on Google Play for my Android tablet!