IRS Scam

Old 09-21-2016, 04:13 PM

Got a call in my cell phone today...uh...no
sandy
Old 09-21-2016, 06:23 PM
mac

It seems this is right up there with my computer calling Microsoft for repairs scam and I am being sued and I need to call right away or they will arrest me or garnish my wages or some such things.

We get these calls, including the IRS scam frequently and in groups, then they stop for a while. I wish I knew how to get rid of them forever.
Old 09-22-2016, 04:08 AM

The last time my BIL got the Microsoft call, he asked if they re-installed Windows. When they said yes, he said Good because his whole second floor needed new ones. They hung up.
Old 09-22-2016, 04:51 AM

My caller ID posts the place the call supposedly came from. Got one from Jamaica yest. Hung up on him.
Old 09-22-2016, 04:56 AM

The best thing any receiver of these scam IRS calls can do is to contact the Federal Trade Commission at 877-FTC-HELP. They will provide you with a reference number to give them every time you call back with info on yet another IRS scam call. Yes, it's a bit of a pain, but every bit of info we can provide, i.e., the number they called from, what they say to you and anything in the background you may hear/observe helps the FTC to track and shut them down.
Old 09-22-2016, 06:28 PM

I recently got 2 phone calls from my local area. They told me I owed $3000. I told them that was impossible. They stated that they had my current address. So I listened to see what else they said. I was told they could find me anywhere. Well the address was where I lived 5 yrs ago. I am retired and on SSD. Which I don't file taxes anymore. I then told them after the second time they called me to go ?S###. I know I wasn't polite but who cares. They were scammers. I know that due to the information they gave me, they were scamming me. They even threatened me by saying they were sending the cops after me. Ha Ha, the joke was on them.