Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
It's the cranky season here >

It's the cranky season here

It's the cranky season here

Old 08-21-2011, 08:41 PM

I had a great day, all my kids and grandkids got together and we took my sister out for her 85th birthday. We had a great time. I came home and took my senior nap.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:51 PM

Well, the other day I got fabric for $2.50 (50% off). It was their Quilters Showcase, reg. $4.99 a yard. Nice bright colors good for charity quilts. Pretty nice fabric for the price.Still on sale. Today I got to take my 4 year old grandson VPK (pre-school) shopping with his Daddy. We got light up shoes, great bargains on clothes and a Transformer backpack.At Bealls I got a pr of Levi jeans for $1.70, a $20 Osk Kosh shirt for $3.40, and $20 orange (his favorite color) Osk Kosh shorts for $6.80. Despite the reason of the last minute shopping because GS mom and dad are in a custody battle and SHE does not communicate or cooperate AT ALL. We had a FUN day.Also,hubby and I will be celebrating our 33 rd anniversary this week.SO, I'm pretty happy most of the time !!! And maybe I'll finally get that Benz out of him... LOL
Old 08-22-2011, 04:07 AM

I agree with you....

was able to get up and out of bed this morning.
the sun is shining.....
and the day is ahead of us to do something worth doing..

so smile, you may be on candid camera.......and if not, smile anyway, you just might make someone else smile along with you......
Old 08-22-2011, 04:55 AM

LOVE THIS THREAD.

Just got home from a weekend with DS, DIL and our 2 year old GS. GS had a nose bleed at play school Friday. He has a hard time with doctor visits so we got a doctor kit and PLAYED and PLAYED. Also went with DIL to see movie "The Help" and we both bawled off and on all through it. We ate in all weekend and got in some good visiting. Then we stopped on the way back and got my DH's fishing reels restrung and found crab pots that we had looked EVERYWHERE for. Good night's sleep too! Life is very good and I have much to be thankful for.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:12 AM

- Price of clothes is going up, but that's okay because now I can learn to make clothes that fit me (for a change).

::puts soapbox up & goes to make a cup of tea::
Sorry, can't resist: Price of clothes is going up, but the price of fabric is, too, so I can't even afford to make some at home.

I'll try to do better: The price of clothes is going up so now I'll have a use for all that feedsack fabric I've been saving--new dresses.

Just pulling your leg I haven't complained about fabric prices going up, even once, because I've always been frugal and make-do with quilts. I was taught thrift is a virtue and consumerism a vice. So with things getting tight virtue may come back in style.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:22 AM

sounds like a good idea to me
Old 08-22-2011, 05:57 AM

jeanharville
Well I guess....................I am so happy for you,............calla
Old 08-22-2011, 07:42 AM
Bea

I was happy to see all the positive, happy thoughts that you all are having today. It made me feel good after a worrisome weekend.
Penny.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:59 PM

We can all be positive and state everything in a positive manner. Is that positivity authentic? I like to be positive. I like to hear other people being positive. I don't like positivity for the sake of positivity or complaining for the sake of complaining.
Let's be authentic here, it doesn't help to complain. What can we do to budget better? What are some ways we can earn a little more money. I love all the creative ideas on this board. All are not right for me but that is okay. I enjoy reading them.
God bless all of you.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:38 PM

When my 4 kids (all under 6) were small, and I was overwhelmed, I started a grateful campaign. I called up my best friend and told her what I was grateful for -- that particular day I was grateful that the dog came back, as I had mistakenly hooked the wrong dog to the chain when I let them out and the wanderer was laughing at me as she ran down the driveway flagging her happy tail; I was grateful that the blender was only half full of milk and chocolate pudding when my son hit the blend button with the cover not yet on; I was grateful that I caught the corner of the diaper soaking in the toilet before it disappeared completely down the hole when the same son decided to help by flushing for me; I was grateful that my husband was at work and out of reach so I wouldn't be arrested and booked for enjoying my cushy life sitting at home with the kids.