IT'S HEEEEERRRE!!!!

Old 11-13-2010, 05:52 PM

Well, it is still snowing out - the city of St. Paul has declared a snow emergency starting tonight. We have gotten 9" today. It is heavy wet snow, breaking branches on a lot of trees. I went out and shoveled and had to do it bit by bit - too heavy! OK, that's it! I'm done. No more snow!

Just found out the kids are going to be here for Thanksgiving. Oh, that made my day!

If anyone likes New England Clam Chowder, let me know and I will write it out here. Perfect dinner tonight with lunch meat, cheese and Kaiser Rolls! Pumpkin Pie for dessert. My husband loved the soup. So simple - Crock Pot. I would be more than glad to share - you will not believe how easy it is!

Keep warm, girls!!!!!!! Edie
Old 11-13-2010, 05:52 PM

None where I live in New Hampshire yet, but it will be here soon enough. I like the cold, but if the snow and ice could just not fall on the roads!
Old 11-13-2010, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Luv Quilts and Cats
None where I live in New Hampshire yet, but it will be here soon enough. I like the cold, but if the snow and ice could just not fall on the roads!
Roads, sidewalks and alleys scare the bejabbers out of me. My husband fell last year and ended up having surgery and three pins and a plate put in his arm.

Edie
Old 11-13-2010, 06:00 PM

Can we have some pic's please, just to satisfy all we who never see snow! :D
Old 11-13-2010, 06:45 PM
Power Poster

I love snow and cold weather, temps in about 75 everyday last week, very disgusting. Turned colder this morning and I like it better. I retired June 2nd and won't have to drive in the snow, unless it snows on my shopping day. I have a 4WD pick up and it drives very well on the snow.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:38 PM

I love to stay indoors and look out at a beautiful snowfall. LOL I do not mind my DH's driving, so we do go out to look at the snowfall in diff areas around us. If he is off out working, I do not drive in it if I do not have to.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:17 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by joyceelaine1951
It was 72* here today, the most snow we have gotten in 9 years was 7inches and it was gone in 3 days. I would love snow for Christmas and Christmas Eve but then it can go. In 2002 the first year we lived her it was 82* Christmas day and being from Maine we were so uncomfortable and it seemed so strange to be wearing shorts and t shirts.
But, but Joyceelaine you're at the North Pole! Is there really a Santa Claus?
Old 11-14-2010, 12:01 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Keep It.. I don't want it... No no no.. brrrr.. way tooo cold for me..
Old 11-14-2010, 12:21 PM

I almost had my husband convinced to go to my daughter's in Woodbury for Thanksgiving until he saw the snow on the news!!
Old 11-14-2010, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by katydidit
I almost had my husband convinced to go to my daughter's in Woodbury for Thanksgiving until he saw the snow on the news!!
Woodbury is a hop, skip and jump from where we live and for what it is worth - the snow is melting like crazy - it should be in the 40's by Tuesday., so plan on going to Woodbury for Thanksgiving. We had 9" of snow and by this AM it was down to 6.9' , and right now all the streets are clean as a whistle and the sidewalks are clean ('ceptin' thems that don't shovel). No problem. Edie