Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
It's so F*U*N*N*Y ~~~Do you have... >

It's so F*U*N*N*Y ~~~Do you have...

It's so F*U*N*N*Y ~~~Do you have...

Old 07-31-2011, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by ncredbird
I accompanied my granddaughter to her pediatricians office visit as my son was working. After the visit we got into the packed elevator in the medical building. Everyone stood quietly as we stopped at each floor. My granddaughter, bored by the silence, announces "My grandma has worms!" and smiles all knowingly. Several people backed away from me as I said "Yes, I do" embarrassed to no end. The day before we had set up a worm farm in a container under the kitchen sink and she was so proud of them. Ann in TN
ROFLMBO !!!
Old 07-31-2011, 07:11 AM

My husband had just come home from working a double shift, and for some reason decided he had to take care of the wasp nest way in the corner of our back porsh.
Good wife that I am, at least in MY eyes, I sat on the chair he was going to use as a 'laddeer' to reach the little teeny eeny tiny nest, all the while insisting he go to bed.
It was metal, but had holes in it in a 1 inch grid , even on the seat.
A wasp proceeded to sting me on my butt.

So much for this good wife sh**

It was when the kids were little, and they had this Fisher-Price bowling set, and the pins were stored in the mesh bag attached to the thing you set the pins up on.
So, he gets this thing and puts it over his head, with the plastic stand, about 2' square, hanging on the back. He had seen beekeepers on tv protecting themselved with netting, I guess thats all he could come up with! The picture of him with the netting, and the plastic stand hanging there, is so much funnier in my head than the story, I'm still laughing
Old 07-31-2011, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by drw1mjw2
A friend of mine was babysitting for a little girl who was almost two. Every day the little girl would take off one of her socks and 'hide' it. At first it was really easy to find the sock but the day came when my friend could not find the sock anywhere. She asked the little girl and the toddler just smiled. My friend looked all day for that sock. When the toddler's mom came to pick her up my friend explained about the missing sock. When the mom asked the little girl where the sock was the toddler sat down and pulled both socks off the one foot! Smart kid!
This reminds me of the time I took our oldest son to preschool. He knew there was nothing I could do about it there, and he told me "Mom, guess what, I have on 2 pairs of underwear!"

He was 4, that must be the age of overdressing
Old 07-31-2011, 07:28 AM

My 2 sisters, along with my brother and myself were on a long road trip. We stopped at a Godiva shoppe and one sister bought some chocolate. We went sight seeing, got back in the hot car, my 2 sisters in the back (they are in their sixties).

One of them asked me, "do you want some"?

I turned around to see what they were offering me. They had opened up the bag of chocolate and it looked like what you would find in a dirty diaper and they were eating it by dipping their fingers in it.. I will never look at Godiva chocolate the same way again.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:29 AM

Our wedding day...I don't think, for as nervous as I was, that I've laughed that much at anything in my life!

Started with convincing my two adult sons, who walked me down the aisle and gave me away, that they could NOT do so by following me down the aisle with shotguns in hand!!
Then, when I was halfway down the aisle, William looked at me, and then turned to Shelley, the minister, and loudly proclaimed, "I DO!!" :lol: She shushed him with a "Not yet!" Then, when she finally announced that he could "Kiss your bride", he let out a loud "WOOHOO" with a little arm pump action before he grabbed me by the waist and laid one on me...EVERYONE was laughing, and we were told that it was the least boring ceremony they'd ever been to...
Lots of fun that day, for sure!
Old 07-31-2011, 07:35 AM

I read a sign once that said, "God gave you your voice, so make Him listen to it."

Originally Posted by mollymct
Originally Posted by clem55
My sister and I didn't have very good singing voices, and we were well into our 30's. Went to church with mom and as we stood to sing along, lowering our vocals when we couldn't hit a high note and when we realized we were both doing the same thing, we started to giggle. Of course we tried to stop laughing, but every time we look at each other, or just thought about it, we'd start giggling all over again. Sort of a hysterical laugh. After that, we didn't sit next to each other in church!!
That is so funny, Clem. I cannot sit next to my wonderful Dad in church, because he can't hit those high notes, either. Only he has no idea how tone deaf he is! I nearly choked once trying to keep from laughing out loud during a hymn as he warbled away, oblivious ... As my bother says, the Bible says to make a joyful noise, not a pretty noise! Better for me to have a buffer zone now!
Old 07-31-2011, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by kriscraft99
My 2 sisters, along with my brother and myself were on a long road trip. We stopped at a Godiva shoppe and one sister bought some chocolate. We went sight seeing, got back in the hot car, my 2 sisters in the back (they are in their sixties).

One of them asked me, "do you want some"?

I turned around to see what they were offering me. They had opened up the bag of chocolate and it looked like what you would find in a dirty diaper and they were eating it by dipping their fingers in it.. I will never look at Godiva chocolate the same way again.
OMG !!!!!!
yuckers...
Old 07-31-2011, 08:17 AM

Well, I haven't go so far as sit in the wrong car, but have walked up to the wrong car on several occasions. My DH and I both have fairly common cars (Camry and Prius) for our area, so we have either gone toward the wrong car (forgetting which one we drove) or gone toward a similar car and wondered why the unlock button on the remote wasn't working. After we realize what's going on, we start laughing.

Originally Posted by thequilterslink
One day i hurried out of Jo anns, hopped in the car, set the bag at my feet and looked up at a strange man staring at me.. I had got in the wrong car. We both cracked up laughing, well it was the same color and similar body style. He said My wife is never gonna believe this, I said, my husband will LOL
Old 07-31-2011, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by caspharm
Well, I haven't go so far as sit in the wrong car, but have walked up to the wrong car on several occasions. My DH and I both have fairly common cars (Camry and Prius) for our area, so we have either gone toward the wrong car (forgetting which one we drove) or gone toward a similar car and wondered why the unlock button on the remote wasn't working. After we realize what's going on, we start laughing.

Originally Posted by thequilterslink
One day i hurried out of Jo anns, hopped in the car, set the bag at my feet and looked up at a strange man staring at me.. I had got in the wrong car. We both cracked up laughing, well it was the same color and similar body style. He said My wife is never gonna believe this, I said, my husband will LOL
I have done this also...hahahahah
Old 07-31-2011, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by cdarts2
One day I was subbing for a hearing class of high schoolers. One teenage boy sat diagonally opposite the classroom from me back in the corner of a full class. I explained my deafness and how they should talk with me so I can read lips. That one boy in the corner decided to test me and silently worded a sentence to me. To put him in his place, I replied out loud for all to hear, "I love you, too." He turned red. The class roared with laughter.
Good one for a smart aleck! :lol: