Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
It's so F*U*N*N*Y ~~~Do you have... >

It's so F*U*N*N*Y ~~~Do you have...

It's so F*U*N*N*Y ~~~Do you have...

Old 08-01-2011, 05:59 AM
Power Poster

My daughter does NOT like to go through a revolving door. She hates them. She panics when she sees one. Some times you do what you gotta do though. We went to the court house down town Indianapolis. You guessed it the only way in is through a revolving door. So. We get to the door and her 5 year old daughter who must have caught on says, "Mommy it's ok me and Grandma will go through the REVOLTING door first."
Old 08-01-2011, 06:26 AM

On a cold, windy afternoon my lips were getting very chapped. Our last erand was the gro. store and I just couldn't handle the chapped lips any longer. We went next door to a small discount store (gro stores, at that time, did not carry a good selection cosmetics). Finally with my purchase, I just proceeded to just apply, and apply the gloss liberally, since now the chapped part was above the lip line. Then on gro shopping. I noticed the checker just couldn't make eye contact and thought it was odd. Oh, well, back to the car to reapply the lip gloss - but to my horror, I had chosen a lip gloss that WAS CLEAR, but changed to BRIGHT PINK when applied. I just looked awful-clown lips-like a small child who had gotten in her mother's makeup and just started applying and I was in public like that! I asked my husband WHY he hadn't told me....never got a good answer-I think he was so stunned, he couldn't say anything. I check all lip glosses I buy now-ones that don't change color!
Old 08-01-2011, 06:44 AM

My daughter was having a discussion with my six year old grandson about why a certain friend (a girl) could not come for a sleepover like his other friends. He looked at her after a moment and said "Well when I grow up I can sleep with a woman!" She was so surprised all she could do was laugh...
Old 08-01-2011, 07:05 AM

Mine isn't nearly as funny, but I'll tell it anyhow. We were living in Dayton, Ohio and heading to my sister's in Cleveland. I couldn't remember the name of the street she lived off of, and had asked my younger sister what the name of the road was, since I couldn't get in touch with my older sister. Well, younger sis told me she couldn't remember, but she knows it had something to do with pickles. The name of the road? Dille .....
Old 08-01-2011, 08:16 AM

Last Saturday my daughter and I visited a farmer's market. At one produce stand being tended by several members of the same family, we decided to buy a small basket of their large beautiful limes. The grandpa of the family told us the basketful was just the right amount to make limeade. He said mix the juice of all the limes with one gallon of water and one cup of sugar. Then, with a little grin he said, "And add tequila....." Without thinking, I piped up "as desired!" That got a big laugh out of everyone in the booth.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:22 AM

These stories are great for cheering up :) Keep em coming!
Old 08-01-2011, 09:06 AM

When my son was in the first or second grade, I got a call from the principal of our local grade school. It seems that my DS had taken a little sex ed book for children to school with him for show and tell! The book came back home covered in brown paper!
Old 08-01-2011, 10:35 AM

One time my MIL volunteered to help me and DH paint our house. We were working on the last area, our front porch. We didn't have the porch floor down, just sheets of plywood over the floor joists so we could (carefully) walk around. MIL was sitting on the plywood painting, and my husband kept warning her to stay in the middle because the plywood might tip if she got too close to the edge. No sooner had he said it, the sheet of plywood flipped up, and MIL was under the porch. The bucket of paint she had was spilling everywhere and she called DH to grab it. He ran over, slid in the paint and went flying off the porch! No one was hurt and we all had a good laugh...and I stayed out of the mess because I was on the ladder caulking the windows! :-D
Old 08-01-2011, 10:40 AM

Here's another one...one time I tripped going down the steps of MIL's back porch. MIL saw it and rushed to help me, but she tripped too and fell right on top of me! After the initial shock we both sat there laughing!
Old 08-01-2011, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by plainjane
On a cold, windy afternoon my lips were getting very chapped. Our last erand was the gro. store and I just couldn't handle the chapped lips any longer. We went next door to a small discount store (gro stores, at that time, did not carry a good selection cosmetics). Finally with my purchase, I just proceeded to just apply, and apply the gloss liberally, since now the chapped part was above the lip line. Then on gro shopping. I noticed the checker just couldn't make eye contact and thought it was odd. Oh, well, back to the car to reapply the lip gloss - but to my horror, I had chosen a lip gloss that WAS CLEAR, but changed to BRIGHT PINK when applied. I just looked awful-clown lips-like a small child who had gotten in her mother's makeup and just started applying and I was in public like that! I asked my husband WHY he hadn't told me....never got a good answer-I think he was so stunned, he couldn't say anything. I check all lip glosses I buy now-ones that don't change color!
I have done this one also :(