JoAnn Fabrics

Old 11-18-2020, 12:08 PM

Unhappy JoAnn Fabrics

Drove 40 miles to go to a JoAnn Fabrics to get backing, batting, etc. and was saddened that you could not go in the store. Have to go online to order and pick up outside the store. I find it hard to buy fabric online as I need to feel the fabric for quality. I'm sure if you did it that way and had a cut of fabric and weren't satisfied with it, you wouldn't be able to return it as it is already cut. Another Covid virus attack on us.
Old 11-18-2020, 12:14 PM

The different stores as well as the different states are doing things differently.

The smaller Joann just a mile or so from me remained open as an essential business this entire time, the requirements/restrictions to enter have varied. The larger store at the shopping mall was closed to customers and was for outdoor pick-up only.

While it is an inconvenience to us as the buying public, the sales clerks also need the protection from interacting with many people over the day (not just "us"), even if they have some degree of protection -- separation is the best form of prevention we currenty have.
Old 11-18-2020, 01:22 PM

Interesting! There are three Joanns that I frequent and unless something changed with new guidelines here in MN, they were open last week. I usually can't buy fabric online. I need to be touchy-feely.

Old 11-18-2020, 02:42 PM

My JAs on Monday limited # of shoppers to 25. first time in a long time I saw a lot of associates working restocking inventory. Who know what it will be like tomorrow.
Old 11-18-2020, 02:49 PM

Dropped in to Joanns today, picked up some red for a backing and a batting...enjoyed the visit, no llne at the cutting table..and nice percentage off..been a while since I had been in...had come gift cards...that was nice also..
Old 11-18-2020, 03:16 PM

That stinks that you had driven so far...I'm guessing a lot of 'in person' options are shifting on a daily/weekly basis right now, it's a tough season. It's probably good practice to call ahead at this point to be sure. Since we haven't really shopped "in store" for some time, I usually just try to buy the brands/lines that I know. Yeah, not as much fun, I *love* picking over new fabric in person, but I remind myself it's just for now. Now will pass.
Old 11-18-2020, 05:04 PM
Power Poster

My understanding is that JAF has always allowed you to return fabric that has been cut, as long as you haven't washed it.

I buy fabric online all the time. Sticking to major brands that I know, I'm never disappointed with the quality.
Old 11-18-2020, 05:34 PM
Power Poster

The JAS in my county allows shoppers in store. My Daughter bought lots of items. She always has to watch the prices like a hawk. They don't give her sale prices until she points it out to them. I don't buy anything there because of that.
Old 11-18-2020, 05:49 PM

In NYS, our restrictions were early on. Numbers are climbing a lot with winter weather coming; hopefully we can avoid everything being closed again. Time will tell.

I don't buy fabric at Joann's, but did have a couple of curbside pickup orders for other things. It worked out pretty well.
Old 11-18-2020, 05:55 PM

I have been to the Joanns in Prescott AZ. and I wear a mask. Only a few people in the store.