JoAnn Fabrics

Old 11-18-2020, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
My understanding is that JAF has always allowed you to return fabric that has been cut, as long as you haven't washed it.

I buy fabric online all the time. Sticking to major brands that I know, I'm never disappointed with the quality.
Ditto.... also, I’ve had some shops offer to audition my fabrics for me if I can provide enough info for them to help. I know the brands well so I never worry about quality (I don’t buy fabric at Joann’s)...it’s the color I worry about..
Old 11-19-2020, 03:34 AM

I have ordered from JoAnn multiple times since Covid hit us. Good delivery time and return policy. As Dunster said, I order what I have used previously so I know the quality. I am sorry that you drove so far to discover the store was closed. I have gotten in the habit of checking with most shops on line before I make a drive because state guidelines keep shifting with the health of our population. My JA has curbside and when I need something quickly I use that service. It is usually available for me to pick up in less than an hour. Works for me!
Old 11-19-2020, 04:24 AM

Enjoyed hearing from other Minnesota quilters. I do shop Joann's watch and touchy-feely on fabric. When shopping Joann's it's at St Cloud and sometimes Willmar and not very often Hutchinson.
We might need a central Minnesota gathering, once things get back to normal!!
Old 11-19-2020, 04:25 AM

Many stores including Walmart are going back to the Covid policy they had. Many states have shut down restaurants, bars, schools and churches. It seems to vary by state and some states have different rules for each county. I've gotten into the habit of calling a store to verify their hours. I've looked on line for store hours and found that the websites are not updated. JoAnn's will allow you to return fabric purchased online or in store as long as it hasn't been washed.
Old 11-19-2020, 04:30 AM

My JA is open, but I don't shop there unless I need something today! Earlier this year, I placed an online order for over 40 spools of thread in lots of colors. The order trickled into my house, a few spools at a time. I still don't know if I got what I paid for. It was too difficult/time consuming to check my order. Plus I didn't like the quality of the fabric that I did order from there. I usually buy fabric online. Most fabric I order is around $12/yard, so it is a major decision when I buy, but the quality is great. I am very picky about fabric because quilts are an investment.
Old 11-19-2020, 04:41 AM
Power Poster

I need thread to finish a project but I am afraid to go to Joanns, or anywhere, right now. Waiting for their cheap shipping to order.
Old 11-19-2020, 05:15 AM
Power Poster

I have purchased "good" and "not so good" fabric and notions at JoAnn's and Walmart.

I also have purchased "good" and "not so good" fabric and notions at quilt fabric shops.

I have decided that the "fault" of the unhappy/regretted purchase is mine - not the seller.

Mostly due to inexperience.
Old 11-19-2020, 09:14 AM

For now the JAF's around here are still open but I don't know for how much longer. Fortunately I don't have to touch to know the quality of the fabric retailers I frequent online. I have ordered once months ago to get an outdoor pickup and it was convenient to have the item bought to the car. That way I was only in short contact with a person with a mask and gloves. I had her just put it in the passenger window. I am sorry you drove 40 miles. That is something I don't do. But I don't do a lot of driving.