Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Joplin tornado relief from a volunteer >

Joplin tornado relief from a volunteer

Joplin tornado relief from a volunteer

Old 05-27-2011, 06:00 PM

What a great story. How I wish I could be there to work with you. I love helping out too but am too far away, so hats off to you, great job.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:00 PM

great job.

oops I hear an echo
Old 05-27-2011, 06:02 PM

Thank you for sharing your story about your beautiful community and what happens when people come together with love in their hearts. I got goose bumps reading this and tears in my eyes. Continued prayers coming your way. (((((HUGS)))))
Old 05-27-2011, 06:16 PM

Such distruction that the news is showing. I am moved that your and others are helping ...........People are so very generous even in hard times. I am sure the people affected by the tornados appreciate all the help. I am lucky I have my family, and can do basic needs : shower and brush my teeth...........calla
Old 05-27-2011, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Kathios
WOW--thanks so much for taking the time to share that story with us. You are amazing!
Ditto. Thank you so much for being there to help them. And for telling us about what goes on . I wish I was physically able to come and help too.
:thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 05-27-2011, 08:02 PM

It is a wonderful think you are doing. We are too far away to be of any help to you but as I watch the news here and see pictures on the computer I just cam't imagine what you all go through down in the states with the horrific storms you get. The destruction and devastation are just so unreal to me. My prayers go out to everyone in the affected areas and I am glad that there are people like you who willingly give of your time and energy to help out others. You certainly are a wonderful angel, Diane and I am so glad to know you. We recently had a small town of 7000 affected by a wildfire and over 600 homes were either destroyed or damaged and the way people came together to donate was super but no lives were lost which is a miracle but what people have gone through with the storms this year in the US is just mindboggling. I hope the worst is over and the weather settles down. Everyone just please stay safe.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:17 PM

Alabama had so much stuff donated that they could not use it all and are sending 2 trucks to Joplin. And are still filling up more trucks to send.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:00 AM
Power Poster

jdiane318 thank you for posting this good news story. it brings joy to our hearts to know about the goodness of folks.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:24 AM

thank you for telling us about the way people step in to help. I never cease to be amazed at the generousity of others in times of crisis, when we lost our house the generousity of everyone was amazing and brought many a tear to my eye. keep up the good work.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:17 AM

Diane - thanks!!! I appreciate all the volunteers willing to help others in their time of need!!! Also relay the thank you to the rest of volunteers at the food bank, thanks to the quilters doing all they can!!

It is devastating and I cant even imagine it all. I live in Jefferson City MO and the day after tragedy one of the local tv stations did a short telethon and send over 100,000!!
Anther station just finished one for Joplin and Sedalia combined (Sedalia another town hit with storms-not near as large but hit a section of town where lower income families lived and the majority didnt have insurance due to economic times)

Channel 8 received over ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!!

I am sooo proud to be a Missourian!!! cheryl :thumbup: