Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: June 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!!

One more big piece of advice, STOP thinking about losing weight as dieting. IT is a lifestyle change that makes the difference. If we think about dieting, that is only temporary but if it is a lifestyle change it will last forever. We make small changes that last and we will keep the weight off.

I read something the other day, can't remember where, but when at a function that is set up buffet style, be the last to get your food and eat at the pace of the slowest person eating. They said you would feel full before finishing the plate. Very Interesting. I will have to try this one myself.

Enjoy learning all about your new Bernina. I am a Janome girl......beside the 6 needle brother embroidery machine
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Blog Entries
    Good advice this week Kathleen. I do know I need to have more protein. I do so much better when I do. Things have been so busy around here I was in my sewing room last night for the first time in almost a month. I hid up there until midnight. I got quite a bit accomplished. I also talked to my uncle. He is 86, never married and if my sister and I dont call him and check up on him, no one does. He is very lonely and doesn't get out as much as he used to. We are trying to convince him to move to assisted living or a retirement home. He also wont get a life alert. We worry about him falling down the basement stairs and falling getting in and out of the tub. He could be there for days before someone found him. With being so busy with my dad we haven't been keeping up with him.
    I did go to my spinning class yesterday and today. Also did a little bit of ab work this morning. I can't do much , I am convinced my abs have disappeared and turned to jello. I finally made it to the grocery yesterday and we have some decent food choices in the house. I spent $200. I still need to go get some fruit and eggs. I will weigh in on Saturday. Hope it is good.

I'm going to have to try the vinegar/water soak. I have some strawberries that are going bad right now.

I'm not having a good week. I've had fast food a couple times already and have not excercised. I feel lousy. Life has been too busy and very stressful. I'm going to focus on drinking my water today. I can't get to the grocery store, but I'll do my best to make the best food choices that I can today.

CindyA, hang in there! I started adding a splash of Real Lemon juice to my glass of ice water. It favors it nicely & adds a detox, I hear. I found I was not drinking water at all & really need to change that ASAP!

Cindy R, you are right!!! We are not on 'diets' but lifestyle changes. Thanks for the reminder!

meanmom, your uncle is blessed to have you! I know how worried you must be though.
    .* .*)) -::-
    ((.*~Dody.*))
    -::- ((.* .*((.. *-::- ...

Blog Entries
    Wow, I love the encouragement and info for yesterday and today. Yep, totally agree on the Lifestyle. I find that keeping me busy lets me not think of the sweet snacks or the chips and salsa I would be eating. I feel much better being busy. What I need to do is really start exercising. I have some old Tie Bo (SP, maybe Tebow would be better to work out with) DVDS/Tapes that I can do. Will have to have my daughters help me along the way. They are great encouragers and the youngest may even work out with me. That is my next challenge is to fit it in since I am coming up to my large projects for quilt show entries. Then I am speaking at the quilt show this October and have to get ready for that. Well, great job ladies and talk to you tomorrow. I have my study to do and a client's check book to get balanced today along with my regular work and of course getting in some quilting. Want to finish up the row robin that came in the mail this week so she has it when she comes home. Also, have a commissioned steelers quilt to get done by Saturday all while remembering to get the kids all settled. talk to you later.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Thanks, Dody. I did not get fast food today (yeah!) and I ate more fruit and drank more fluids today. I did splurge on a soda, but didn't beat myself up about it. It was so hot and humid today and I rarely drink a soda, I've just never been a big soda person. So when I really want an ice cold one I drink it and don't feel guilty about it. I'm traveling starting tomorrow, so that will be a challenge but I'm going to try and make good choices.

Well wishes and prayers for all that have posted regarding illness and injury.

Blog Entries
    I was playing on Pintrest yesterday. I saw the instructions for the vinegar wash for fruit. It said to wash your fruit in one part vinegar to 10 parts water. THis will kill the mold spores on your fruit and make it last longer. It said not to rinse it.
    I have made it to either a spinning class or my water aerobics class every day this week. Sunday I even did the elliptical. Hopefully the scale will be kind to me on Saturday. I have also been eating pretty good too. I made a cauliflower and broccoli salad that I love and have been eating it for lunch.
    My dad is staying about the same so I am running back and forth to my parents house a lot. We have convinced my mom to go out like she always done. She goes to the swim club every afternoon and hangs out with her friends, etc. We have worked out a schedule with my brothers and sisters so that someone stops in every morning, late afternoon and evening. Also the grandkids stop in too as they have time.
    I haven't been getting much quilting done. I had plans to get so much done this summer.
    Pat

Pat, thx for that info, I plan on washing grapes today. It's so hard washing those by just rinsing well...this should work out well. Sending healing/peaceful thoughts & prayers for you & your dad.
    ((.*~Dody.*))

CindyA, a soda once in a while is not too much; I think it's the fact that soda can be so addictive that we need to watch out for it. I know a few people who drink a 6 pack a day if not a 12 pack! Safe travels!!!
    ((.*~Dody.*))

Sounds like a good idea with the fruit wash. I wonder if it is too late for what is in my fridge.
    Pat, so sorry for all you are going through with your dad.
    I hope none of you catch this summer cold going around. I am miserable with a hacking cough and runny nose on top of my allergy symptoms. Ugh. Hopefully I didn't spread it to anyone at the retreat. I thought it was just allergies at first.
    My Allie quilt is almost done. I spent the whole 3 days at the retreat quilting it. Just the borders left to do but I want to look for a variegated thread. Maybe I'll make a trip to town if I can get up the energy.

DD was married on Saturday between the rain storms. Thankfully had two tents to house everything. I even managed to eat well, no weight loss but no gain either. DD wrote on the backs of the table runners I made and gave them as gifts to some of her guests. I didn't get one but I have fabric left to make myself a memory quilt. Can't wait for pictures to come back. We really had a great day.
    countrymaid- I clean up after the kids, the husband and the farm animals

Cindy, I received the FQs today, thank you for sending them along. Stars seem to be the theme & I am picturing a table runner for them. Thank you to everyone who was kind enough to send them to Cindy.

I washed my grapes today but used white vinegar, wonder if that matters??? I am letting them dry completely before I put them away.

Countrymaid, congrats to the new couple! May they have a long and happy life together. Are you relaxing now? You deserve it! I hope the pictures turn out stunning for you.
    ((.*~Dody.*))

Quote Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
    Cindy, I received the FQs today, thank you for sending them along. Stars seem to be the theme & I am picturing a table runner for them. Thank you to everyone who was kind enough to send them to Cindy.

I washed my grapes today but used white vinegar, wonder if that matters??? I am letting them dry completely before I put them away.

Countrymaid, congrats to the new couple! May they have a long and happy life together. Are you relaxing now? You deserve it! I hope the pictures turn out stunning for you.
    Thanks for letting me know they arrived safely.

I don't think it matters which vinegar you use.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Blog Entries
    Countrymaid, I am glad everything went well at your daughters wedding.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

Days of hot and humidity are here in my neck of the woods. I want to remind everyone to make sure you drink your water, stay hydrated. That will help with your weight loss as well.

Make wise choices on what you put in your body.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

Blog Entries
    I had a very busy day. It is amazing how much you can accomplish when you are wide awake at 6:00AM and get moving. I showered, made breakfast for me and my DH. Packed his lunch, when to the grocery store, put it away and went to my Weight Watcher meeting. Then to spinning class and came home and made dinner for us and my mom. Froze a huge pile of broccoli from the garden. Ate lunch and sprayed my house for ants and planted some flowers. Then I returned something to the mall and sprayed my moms house for ants and pulled her weeds. Then I visited with my mom and dad for a while. Came home and warmed up dinner Then we went to a graduation party. Came home and cleaned up the kitchen and collapsed.
    I behaved myself pretty well this week and also went to spinning class 5 times this week. This was too much. I was dragging in class this morning. I usually ride about 20 miles in class and burn between 500 and 600 calories. I was down 4 pounds this week. Woo Hoo! I think I will do less spinning next week and try to make it to 2 days of water aerobics.

Good evening ladies. I have had a very busy day myself. Got up early did some cleaning before heading to the Texas Rangers baseball game. It was very humid and hot at the game and have a little bit of sunburn. I did have a strawberry chill at the game, but brought my own food and didn't eat as bad as you can at the game.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

Good grief Pat. I am exhausted just from reading about your day. I am still sick. My daughter thinks I might have pneumonia. She could be right. I don't have the energy to do anything. Since I can't smell anything I also can't taste food so I don't really care about eating. We went to a dinner theater tonight to celebrate our anniversary. This place has the best food in the area. I ate a few bites and had the rest packed up to take home. Hopefully I will be able to taste it tomorrow or the next day.
    Cindy, I don't know how you can cope with that heat. I'm pretty sure I would melt. LOL

Blog Entries
    Pam you need to take care of yourself. Maybe head to the doctor. I have another busy day ahead of me. Since it is Fathers Day I plan to bake a lemon meringue pie . That is my dad and DH favorite. Hopefully I can stay out of it because I love it too. I was going to take my dad a little custard cup full to eat. He is eating and drinking almost nothing. Today is my parents 62nd anniversary. Not sure how to mention it to my mom. I will see how things are when I get there.
    My house is totally destroyed. I haven't properly cleaned it in ages. I have out of town company coming tomorrow, so I need to get it cleaned up. My GS has been here a lot so there are toys everywhere. I think my DH and DS are pigs. My SIL says they are untrainable. Hopefully I can get them to help today.
    I am making a quilt for my nephew. He is paying me to do it. I have it ready to layer to quilt. I hate doing that. Hopefully I can get that done today. I have tables set up in the basement to do it on. The lighting down there isn't very good so it is best to do it during the day.
    I need to get off the computer and get to work on the laundry and cleaning. My sister is back from vacation so she is cooking for mom tonight. Yeah. One less thing to do. I overdid it with the spinning classes last week but it is a great stress reliever. Hopefully everyone can have a good week.

Blog Entries
    I haven't lost in 2 weeks and my scale actually shows a gain of 2 lbs today. I can't believe it. Yesterday for breakfast I had an egg whit omelet filled with veggies and a bowl of fruit. Lunch was 1 cheese stick and carrots, dinner was sauteed mushrooms with lite sour cream and a dash of nutmeg on 2 slices of whole grain toast. snack was air popped popcorn. Of course, I slept about 4 hours during the day ( I have fatigue days with my auto immune disease) but I shouldn't show a gain, should I???? Still can't exercise with my back. Heck, can't even go shopping. it hurts too much.
    "Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver." Barbara De Angelis

How's everyone doing today? aw, Pete; I haven't lost in 2 weeks either but I'm holding steady. I don't think the pool work out is burning as much as walking the trails but it's just too hot to walk here now.

Pam, I sure hope you went to the doctor! Take care, Girl!!!
    ((.*~Dody.*))

Blog Entries
    At this moment I am baking some muffins using only a box of cake mix and 20 oz of diet soda. That's it. It was told to us by my husband's Endocrinologist who specializes in diabetes. I don't know how it will be, but I will let you know.

Susan

Blog Entries
    JuneBillie you will have to let me know how the muffins. I have heard of the recipe but have never tried it. I did make muffins once using canned pumpkin. You just take a cake mix and stir it in to a cake mix. I used chocolate and it was good. It makes a very dense cake. It didn't taste like pumpkin.
    Yesterday was a month since my dad fell. It was also my parents 62nd anniversary. He isn't doing well at all. Mostly sleeping. The nurse will be coming tomorrow and we will hear what she thinks. I am worn out. I am sure my mom is. We have been spending the night there as my mom is afraid she will come out in the morning and find him dead and be alone with him. I also have my SIL here visiting for the week.
    I might also end up in jail for murder before it is all over. I might have to kill my younger sister. SHe is so self centered she is driving us nuts and just adding to our stress. My older sister and I are pretty much handling everything and all she does is come in and add to the stress and mess things up.
    Well enough venting for now. Hope everyone is doing well.
    Pat

Blog Entries
    Well, I did eat some of the muffins. They taste good, but are not dense like the ones with pumpkin. I think the diet soda help them to puff up, but they tend to go back down some. It seems like they go back down to not much, but the taste is good. I will give some more recipes as I find them.

Susan

Pat, I'm so sorry for all you are going through. I know how sisters can be. None of us will tell if your sister ends up dead. LOL
    I am feeling a little better today. I'm coughing less anyway. I went for a massage today and she did some cupping on my lungs. I also went to the chiropractor. Hopefully tomorrow will be even better.
    Here is some info I got at a seminar recently:
    5 Keys for how to lose 10 lbs fast
    1. Eliminate sugars
    2. Cut out grains
    3. Remove bad fats and add good fats
    4. Eat very little fruit
    5. Avoid toxins
    I'm sure it would work if you could actually stick with it.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast