just a little vent

Old 06-01-2010, 03:24 PM

This topic made me feel really bad, because it fits me too!! But seeing all these reply's helps me to know I am not alone and I feel much better...Thanks
Old 06-01-2010, 03:51 PM
Power Poster

We are all here for one another. Hugs to littlehud and jane65us
Old 06-01-2010, 03:56 PM

Been there Done that What you need right now is a big hug
Attached Thumbnails attachment-77043.gif  
Old 06-01-2010, 04:05 PM
bj

Would your sister go over and get it and then bring it to you, with the understanding that she could borrow it any time she needs to. If you've gotten close during her divorce, she'd probably be glad to help out. My mom passed away and my dad has remarried. Some of the things he does now, I don't even believe. But he's 85 and probably not playing with a full deck. When I go back to Lubbock for short trips to take care of business there, I always try to visit him. He lives another 3 hours away. So, 6hrs round trip because I won't spend the night. Half the time, he tells me not to come. I think my stepmom doesn't like for me to see her house dirty, because she knows what a neat freak my mom was. (She raises dogs and doesn't do a good job of picking up after them. They live in the country, and there's always mouse droppings and bugs.) I just say ok and I'll try to catch them next time. I try to be philosophical and not take it personally, but it's not easy.

Edited to add: Just saw your post that he said you could use it. I'm so glad. He just needed a little time to wrap his head around it.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:10 PM

So glad to hear your dad realized he wasn't being fair. It is really painful when parents or grandparents appear to favor one child and it seems like it is often the one who does the least for them. It seems like they penalize the stronger ones by assuming they don't need anything. I've seen it a number of times and never could understand it.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:19 PM

So many words of comfort here, you ladies are great! I am glad that this worked out, that's the reason for hugs.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:46 PM

It stinks to always be the grown up, doesn't it? To always take the high road? But, always, do it.
Something I have been telling my 26 yo dd while she has been dealing with her idiot of a father ...and now her idiot of a soon-to-be ex-stepmother. Just keep being the grown-up, sweetie, just be the best big sister to those kids and the heck with the parents. Make a relationship that will stand the test of time with Matt and Nicole and be there in a way that their parents don't seem to get...
but, again, having to be the grown up stinks.

Glad to see your dad came around....don't you stop a thing!!!!
Old 06-01-2010, 07:41 PM
Power Poster

I bet my DH would come cut your grass if I told him to. ;)
Seems the child that does the most and goes out of their way, many times is the one that does not get shown appreciation.
You do right by Dad, but he did not do right by you.
You are justified in your feelings, sweetie and here's a big hug for all you do, (((((HUG)))))...I'm noticing :thumbup: if that helps :-D
Old 06-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Power Poster

ok, just caught up...dad called! hey! so he is paying attention :-D
That's great :thumbup:
I bet you feel a lot better. I love happy endings. :D
Old 06-02-2010, 08:21 AM

Doing for your father is wonderful. You might think he nor others notice it now but you will be the one to benefit from it in the future. Maybe not by material things, but in your heart you will know that you did what you could while he was here and your heart will be at piece when he passes.