Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Just a warning if you wear Crocs or similar shoes >

Just a warning if you wear Crocs or similar shoes

Just a warning if you wear Crocs or similar shoes

Old 07-25-2010, 08:36 PM

I was wearing crocs on ice in the winter time and one step and did a huge summer sault in the air before going flat down on the ground. Good thing I did not get hurt so they are not the shoes for winter time wear,that's for sure. Take care. Huggies, Fay
Old 07-26-2010, 04:35 AM

wow, hope all is well.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:37 AM

I've been wearing crocs for several years and yes they can be slippery but so can tennis shoes if the bottoms are worn down but I wouldn't trade my crocs in for anything. Which reminds me I need to go on line and order a pair for winter.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:28 AM

all I've tried is the cheap knock off ones.....I wasn't impressed. Maybe real ones would be better. I just can't stand shoes I have to tie...I need to slide them on and off. yesterday we were on the roof shingling and I was up there barefoot. Dh said he didn't see how I could stand it. His feet were hurting him and he had shoes on. Didn't bother me....I can't walk on gravel anymore like I used to though.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:53 AM

I love crocs. Makes you feel like you are walking on pillows Lol. I even wore mine in the winter time with heavy socks. I have very wide feet so boots that fit me and are comfortable are nearly impossible to find.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:25 AM

I've tried the knock off crocs, and in bare feet the plastic gives me an evil rash. I've heard the real deal is better, but I have a right foot drop and need extra toe protection, so no crocs for me.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:00 PM

I can't wear those they give me a back and and knees hurt!
Old 07-26-2010, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Cheriefaye2008
I love crocs. Makes you feel like you are walking on pillows Lol. I even wore mine in the winter time with heavy socks. I have very wide feet so boots that fit me and are comfortable are nearly impossible to find.
I have wide feet too and have trouble finding boots for winter. Classic Uggs fit snug at first but within a few hours they were fairly comfortable after stretching out. The only thing is, they don't have decent arch support.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by gale
I have wide feet too and have trouble finding boots for winter. Classic Uggs fit snug at first but within a few hours they were fairly comfortable after stretching out. The only thing is, they don't have decent arch support.
I've never really looked too closely at the Uggs. They aren't really my style. I might take a look at them again though, since you said that as I have flat feet, so I don't like shoes with too much arch support in them.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:36 PM

Thanks so much for the warning. I had planned to buy some as my feet are getting to where I can't wear any shoes (need surgery for hammer toes), but don't want them now.

I can understand having slick shoes. Several years ago, I bought a pair of the princess Reeboks and I went to the Post Office to check my box. They had mopped in the PO lobby and had not set out a sign to warn anyone and I did an acrobatic flip landing on my hip and still have trouble with it until this day. That's a pair of shoes I never wore on a rainy day or much at all.

Thanks again,