Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Just a warning if you wear Crocs or similar shoes >

Just a warning if you wear Crocs or similar shoes

Just a warning if you wear Crocs or similar shoes

Old 07-26-2010, 07:01 PM

Me, too, stitchnwitch! Think I may go tomorrow. Do they have better prices at the outlet mall?
Old 07-26-2010, 08:20 PM
Power Poster

Oh glad you are alright.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by KarenSimon
I've been wearing Crocs for years. I rarely wear 'real' shoes. I will be cautious. Crocs are SOOOO comfortable. As a diabetic I need to wear comfortable shoes.
I am also diabetic Karen and now I say : I will wear the shoe box if it is more comfortable, gone are the days of wearing heels and shoes that made our legs look good, comfort and health come first now.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:33 AM

I bought the slipper crocs. Purple. They kept my feet warm and toasty. But I noticed that were ever I sat or walked down the hall, the color faded on my flooring and carpeting! And it will not come out.....need to toss them out now. And buy new carpets and flooring.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:57 AM

I have them and love them!! My husband now wears them. Some of our friends make fun of him( their not into them) but he laughs. He don't care....I have a pair that is multi colored.... pinks,blues.white and orange he wears these when we go to the amusement parks. We each have 2 pairs. I have blue and multi colored.DH has 2 black. My kids wear them too!

People that don't like them because of how they look.....they don't know what they're missing!!! So comfortable!!!! I wear them everywhere! Except weddings of course! :thumbup: :lol: :thumbup: :lol:
Old 07-28-2010, 08:41 AM

Why are you not supposed to wear them on an escalator?
Old 07-28-2010, 09:58 AM

I have tarsal tunnel syndrome. It's like carpal tunnel syndrome but in your foot, by your ankle. Got it from using a swivel chair a lot (online classes, work on computer). Should have been using a chair mat to protect my foot when pivoting out of my chair. (I thought mats were for protecting the carpet.)

I was in foot pain and I had read so many recommendations about Crocs on this board, I knew you had to be right...so I went and bought a pair -- voila, foot heaven!

Anyway, I wear the Malindi style of Croc sandal ALL the time. They are streamlined -- not chunky at all. Love them. I live in deep south Texas, so I wear them with nice cushy no-cuff athletic socks to handle moisture. Kind of have the old China look going there, but it is soooo comfortable. No pain at all. Podiatrist says it's because it lets me shift my weight away from my problem area...whatever, they're great.

I also have a closed-style Croc shoe that I wear with beige footlets. They're comfortable,too.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:52 PM
Banned

I am so glad you were not hurt to bad, but I can guess it hurts worse the next day. God bless. Penny
Old 07-31-2010, 03:55 AM

Glad you're ok.
My mom has worn Crocs for years, and she has been complaining about her legs hurting for years. Around May of this year, she quit wearing the Crocs, and her legs are MUCH better! Some people just can't wear them.....my oldest brother can't, either.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:36 PM

I love my crocs but found out the hard way how slippery they can get! I went down the back porch steps on my rear one time when it was raining. :oops: