Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: keyboard problems on quilting blogs

Blog Entries

keyboard problems on quilting blogs

is anyone else having problems with typing replies to blogs? I am a fairly fast writer and I find I am dropping many letters when I do a reply. I need to slow way down and deliberately push each key. (No difficulties with this entry). I am on my computer for about 6 hours a day and this is the only site I have a problem with.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Has something to do with the settings. I have more problems if I don't reboot/restart often. I have trouble once in a while with this site and another site. Thought it was this computer but happens with my laptop.

Blog Entries
    How old is your keyboard? I had an intermittent problem like this that got worse and worse. Replacing the keyboard cured the problem!

WOW, I thought it was my motor skills. I have a very old keyboard and computer.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Thanks I've been blaming it on this old laptop

I have problems too. Sometimes the words go vertical instead of horizontal as well. It sure keeps my replying to a minimum. I have a new laptop but use a separate keyboard but it happens just as much when I use the laptop keyboard, so I don't think computer age is why it's doing it.

I've had the same problem and thought it was just my keyboard, but the it never does it any other time. Very frustrating if you're a fast typist and have to keep stopping to go back and correct stuff.
    Julie
    Good friends are like stars; you don't always see them, but you know they're always there!

Blog Entries
    My keyboard is probably at least 12 years old and I type VERY fast and I have not had a single problem.
    Nikki in MO

I have the same problem sometimes on this site and I am working on a brand new computer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by klswift View Post
    is anyone else having problems with typing replies to blogs? I am a fairly fast writer and I find I am dropping many letters when I do a reply. I need to slow way down and deliberately push each key. (No difficulties with this entry). I am on my computer for about 6 hours a day and this is the only site I have a problem with.
    should qualify this - this is the only blog this happens on.

I have the same thing happen, but only when I start a new thread or type these replies, and I also can't cut and paste so I can't type in Word and copy it to here. I have a new computer and keyboard.

I just took Tessagin's advice and went into my settings and changed my keyboard layout (Message Editor Interface)from Enhanced to Standard and everything works now. I also tried Basic which also works but without some editing features. Thanks Tessagin, this issue has plagued me for weeks.

Blog Entries
    Changing the battery in a wireless keyboard also helps. I change the battery in the mouse at the same time.