Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
kitchen aid classic food mixer >

kitchen aid classic food mixer

kitchen aid classic food mixer

Old 12-12-2012, 04:49 AM

I'm on my second one. I gave my son (who is a chef) my first one and I got my second which had a larger bowl. I love mine and use it all the time.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:33 AM

Yes, yes, yes!! You will love it! I had my first one for about 20 years. I put it through the wringer, believe me! I then moved up to the professional model, but recently gave it to my daughter because I really didn't care for the non tilting head and now that all my children are married and are taking over the holiday cooking and baking, I don't really need it. I am now trying to decide which color I want or if I should just go back to my classic. I have just discovered the King Arthur Flour website and I am thinking of bread making so I am definitely getting a new Kitchen Aid. Enjoy it!!
Old 12-12-2012, 05:46 AM

I got mine at the end of '08 when we remodeled our kitchen and I had space for it. DH said if you're going to get one, get the biggest so you can use the attatchments. So he purchased from Amazon on one of their super deals the Professional 600. Limited colors for the special so I got the matte black. I have black appliances so it was perfect. He got the grinder attatchment and later the ice cream maker. I love them, they work extremely well. I probably don't use mine as much as I thought I would, but i will dust it off and use it tomorrow when I bake cookies.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:52 AM

My Kitchen Aid mixer has been on my counter since 1978! It has lived through 5 moves and continues to work hard. I look at the gorgeous red models and then wonder why I'd ever give up my workhorse. Never any repairs to this one. We bought the extra paddle with the silicone that's supposed to reach into the bottom and corners better, but could have skipped that purchase. It's a sturdy mixer. :-)
Old 12-12-2012, 05:56 AM

I have had one for over 40 years. I had the4.5 and now i have the six quart. I gave one to my four daughters for shower gifts. I also have the 12 quart by Hobart who makes kitchen aid (or used to) it is my most valuable kitchen too,don't hesitate on buying one. You wont regret it
Old 12-12-2012, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
It's a one time buy for sure! I've noticed some great prices on them this year. Brad's Deals always posts the best price for the Kitchen Aid. Just be sure and get the higest watt motor. A low watt motor won't be very powerful for using the accessories that you can get for it. I would like to have one of the pretty color ones. No color choice when I got mine years ago.
I got mine a year ago and got the highest wattage (per The Hubs' instructions) and haven't looked back since...yes it's heavy to lift up and out of cabinet but I love mine and very happy I got it!!
Old 12-12-2012, 05:58 AM

Bought mine from the Kitchen Aid store a few years back in dark red and love it. I have the slightly more powered one than what shows up in our local stores, as I do bread and heavy doughs as well as grind venison for sausage. Absolutely would recommend getting one!
Old 12-12-2012, 06:49 AM

couldn't believe how much beter they were till I got one---why didn't I get one when I was younger!!!!!go for it!!and be sure and get Kitchen Aid
Old 12-12-2012, 07:10 AM

I love my kitchenaide Mixes. I bought one in 1981 and it still works great. Then a few years ago I thought I needed a bigger one. I am not as happy with it since you can't tilt the head back but instead lower the bowl so guess what, I am back to using my 1981 mixer and use the bigger one when I really need the power. Wonderful machines and I would highly recommend them.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:35 AM

Love mine and its attachments; I finally gave mine to dd and brought the professional model. DD wanted the attachments, so I had to replace those too. Was given another top brand mixer, but it sits idle while I always use the Kitchen Aid. Yes, its old and so am I!! Loved the first one better than the Pro model.