Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
kitchen aid classic food mixer >

kitchen aid classic food mixer

kitchen aid classic food mixer

Old 12-12-2012, 07:52 AM

I just got my Kitchen Aid last year as I had been watching Diane Sawyer on tv ask everyone to buy one thing made in America to help our economy.......well long story short I went online and picked a red Kitchen Aid mixer and I love it. Why did I wait so long to get one. You will not regret your choice. Mine has a tilt back head ...a feature I really love.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:12 AM

I got the Pro model and also the half-bowl an combo whisk that I use most of the time. Question - I have the dough hook - but it seems like the dough just rides around the bowl on it - don't know if I am doing somehing wrong. It seems like my Oster with 2 dough hooks grabs it better. Thoughts?

Otherwise " I love it!

Marysewfun
Old 12-12-2012, 08:29 AM

I LOVE mine I have the Pro model to big for the counter so I have it on a microwave cart and I store it in my panrty, I put all the attachments on the shelve under the cart. Just move it out when I use it which is almost every week (I bake alot). Had this one for about 12 yrs, would not go without it.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:02 AM

Hello everyone and please can I thank you all so much for your VERY positive thoughts - so much so that my DH has just ordered the Artisan in red for me. I can see you are all very happy with your machines and I am so excited - except I can see some inches being added! Should come Mon/Tues - so I can see a Christmas log cake looming !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now the dilemma - sewing or baking LOL!!
Old 12-12-2012, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by DottyD View Post
Hello everyone and please can I thank you all so much for your VERY positive thoughts - so much so that my DH has just ordered the Artisan in red for me. I can see you are all very happy with your machines and I am so excited - except I can see some inches being added! Should come Mon/Tues - so I can see a Christmas log cake looming !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now the dilemma - sewing or baking LOL!!
Congratulations! You will love it. Oh, and for your dilemma: sew while your item(s) are baking. You will get lots done in both areas! Have fun.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:05 AM

mine has been going strong for the past 11 years. Did need the worm gears replaced 2x but that wasn't hard to get done. And that was most likely from making stiffer bread dough then the motor was really up too. Researched them last year for daughter's wedding gift since she asked for the Artisan Model. After doing the research, we bought the Kitchen Aid Professional model as she makes things with non-gluten floors and would someday want the accessories for sausage and pasta making. She absolutely LOVES it. Make sure you get one that takes attachments. I bought a Professional Model ( read restaurant supply store) that doesn't take accessories which bums me out. I had been looking forward to the slicing attachments for canning.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:28 AM
sap

I was at my son's house a few years ago and he was showing me his Kitchen Aid mixer he had gotten himself. I told him I really liked it and when he was little I would have killed to have one like it. The next day was my birthday, guess what I got. Use it all the time, just love it.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:35 AM

http://www.amazon.com/Design-Beater-...o+beater+blade

Yes, you can't go wrong with a kitchen aid, especially when making cookies. They are worth every penny. I hope this link shows up all right because this new attachment looks like it would be so convenient. I ordered one last night for my Christmas present.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:46 AM

love mine - Kitchen Aid with "ultra power" Have used it regularly for more than 10 years. If it ever dies I will replace it immediately. But I suspect it will last for the rest of my life.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Power Poster

I have a kitchen aide stand mixer and love it. I have bought some of the extra attachments and couldn't be happier