Kitty got a time out!

Old 10-20-2010, 07:33 AM

Cute story.
One of my cats, when she was young, would lay across the bottom of the last step in the morning, in wait for me to come down the stairs for work. When I stepped over her she would grab my ankle and bite. This was a game she played every day. I have to admit we played fight all the time. People at work were always asking me why I had scratches all over my hands. I teased her as much as she teased me. She's 16 1/2 and at times just as frisky as ever(like last night). The vet can't believe her age. She's the last pet left, so she gets babied.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
I have a little 1-inch scratch on the back of my hand is all. Dang, she is moody!! I picked up another over-the-door bouncy toy for her just yesterday (she broke the last one) to get rid of some of the feisty energy. She just gets in this mood where she attacks everything.

Of course, when SHE wants to lay all over me that's a different story.
Sounds like some husbands I've heard about. Gail
Old 10-20-2010, 03:27 PM

Usually, cats become slightly calmer after spaying. They still play but become more gentle to their owners. If it continues a play mate maybe your only solution.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:53 PM

Had a cat once that would bite if you scratched that hydraulic area just above the tail. Then I just offered him a balled up fist when I did it and, since he couldn't bite the fist, he began licking my fist like there was no tomorrow.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:28 AM

When my oldest daughter was four, we had a big male cat who would climb the small flowering plum tree in our yard, and wait for my daughter to walk under it, and pounce on her head! No claws were involved, I just figured he liked to hear her squeal. She still tells people about her tree-cat!
Old 10-21-2010, 07:35 PM

I have three cats (sisters) roaming the house. They have lots of "time outs" in the sunroom...nothing they can destroy in there! :D
Old 10-25-2010, 01:51 PM

My cat is 8 years old and has been ornery for all of those 8. But now I know his moods.

When he wants attention, he will bite me in the calf. So when he is looking like he wants to bite me (usually when I am blowing my hair dry), I watch closely and when he stretches his head toward my leg, I just step back. Then he will walk away like, "I wasn't going to do anything."

And if he is on the back of the couch all wild-eyed with his tail flicking, I don't go anywhere NEAR the couch until he has calmed down!

Knowing his moods has helped a lot. They ARE in charge, you know! lol