Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
LADIES! WARNING!!    hide your purse.... >

LADIES! WARNING!! hide your purse....

LADIES! WARNING!! hide your purse....

Old 07-13-2011, 03:57 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

We have dogs and guns.. Come un-announced and un-welcomed and you may just get to meet your maker!...
Old 07-13-2011, 04:02 PM

I am Soooooo Sorry Hope it all works out in the end :cry:
Old 07-13-2011, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by writerwomen
before I could reach my husband to tell him what all happened he went to a time machine in Florida
A TIME machine???? wow, I want one! :lol:
Old 07-13-2011, 04:49 PM

so sorry to hear this.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:59 PM

keep an eye on your credit card statement. The new thing is to scan your card then put it back and you think Haha they left my cards when in reality they have your numbers .
Old 07-13-2011, 06:21 PM

You need a big loud dog.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:27 PM

I know I'm repeating what others have said. Just wanted to add my voice to the outcry. It is awful not to feel safe in your own home, but such are the times we live in. Please everyone take care. Be aware of your surroundings when out. If you are shopping alone, watch for people in cars near yours. Carry your keys with one extending between your fingers. It may not be much but can serve as a weapon to scratch or jab an attacker. Be aware in the store too. I have had a man follow me all over W. He had heavy footsteps that I noticed, otherwise I'd not have noticed. I tested him out by going to the toy dept, then then the fabric dept. He followed every place I went. Finally the true test was the feminine proucts area. I was so scared and yet mad. I hooked up with DH and we left. I should have reported him to the manager but just wanted to get out and go home. I hope he did not find a victim. BE CAREFUL please..
Old 07-14-2011, 07:06 AM

I have an elderly friend who was lying down one afternoon when someone knocked on her front door. By the time she got to the front door a man she didn't recognize was walking back to his vehicle. She returned to her bedroom and shortly she heard this noise at her front door and it was this man had broken into her house. He took her purse and thankfully left without harming her. The front door and jamb area were damaged but she was safe. Since hearing about this I've been keeping both the regular door lock as well as the dead bolt locks at both my front and back doors locked at all times. Someone may get in but hopefully I'll not be startled by them getting in without my knowing it. I have a bad heart and finding someone in my house during the night would probably do me in. I always keep a radio or TV and a light or two turned on when I'm away from home. I also try to keep something out of place whenever I'm away. Such as an open book/mag laying on a chair/sofa with perhaps a pillow out of place, a half filled glass or cup of something nearby. Anything to make it appear that someone might be in the house. Sad world we're living in and I'm afraid it 'ain't' gonna get any better. Ya'll stay safe!
Old 07-14-2011, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by CloverPatch
Originally Posted by ptquilts
wow, I was feeling bad cause my mailbox was stolen!! What a bummer for you!
The mailbox?? Seriously?

We were robbed by our neighbors son. Yea, know what your thinking... Teenage delinquent. No, he was 36 at the time.

I wouldn't have thought to put a deadbolt on the garage/house door. Would think with the garage shut, the house would be safe.
Sorry this happened to you. for me it wasn't the stuff they stole, it was my sense of security. Knowing someone was in my house, and there was nothing I could do about it. I was jumpy for a while.
don't put off adding those security features. Our guy came right back 3 days later, but couldn't get in the second time.
When my brother's house was robbed, the thief returned a few days later to get more also. Fortunately my brother put a bar across the back door so no one could get in. It's such a violation.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:32 AM

I agree....it's sad that we have a long thread about being robbed,especially in our own homes,where we should all be safe.
I'm old enough to remember when no one locked their door when they went away.Your purse sat on the table till it was meal time.Car doors were never locked & keys were left in the car.

Of course that was a diff time, a diff world.Kids went out to play & we ran around all summer from one friends yard to another.A diff world for sure.

"Anything to make it appear that someone might be in the house. Sad world we're living in and I'm afraid it 'ain't' gonna get any better. Ya'll stay safe!"