Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
LADIES! WARNING!!    hide your purse.... >

LADIES! WARNING!! hide your purse....

LADIES! WARNING!! hide your purse....

Old 07-14-2011, 02:34 PM

If I may add to your very good advice......always keep your purse/wallet in the same place. When we woke up to find our house on fire, I was able to go right to my purse, grab it and run. If I had had to look for it, I would never had found it in the smoke and flames. We lost the house but by golly, I had my purse! :lol:
Old 07-14-2011, 05:24 PM

I had my pickup stolen while it was unlocked setting in my carport. Stupid me! Back then I never thought about someone hot wiring my car. I thought since I had the key it was safe.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:27 PM

I had my pickup stolen while it was unlocked setting in my carport. Stupid me! Back then I never thought about someone hot wiring my car. I thought since I had the key it was safe.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:27 PM

SORRY!
Old 07-15-2011, 05:01 AM

Oh what a scary thought to have someone break into your house when you are there. We have our family room in the basement and sometimes in the summer we leave the front door open (if it is nice out side). One night my husband went up stairs to get a ice tea and some young kid was walking into our living room. Well in no uncertain words my husband told him to get out. After he left we decided that he was going to rob us. We now close and lock the door before it gets dark outside.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:15 AM

Once again ! I want to thank everybody for your concerns for our safety, your sympathy and sharing of incidents of your own. We have taken all your suggestions to heart and have implimented the ones that will work for us. We are fairly confident that this was a one time thing and can move on with our lives. We will just be more aware of our surroundings and make sure we lock everything. So, thanks again all my quilting friends. You are all GREAT! QUILT ON !!!!! :D
Old 07-16-2011, 06:42 PM

I bought an alarm that just sticks on the door. It was $1.00 and you can turn it on and off and it screams like a maniac when it is on and you open the door. It would wake a dead person. I got it at Dollar Tree and my husband laughed at me...but it works really good. Sorry about your losses. Things can easily be replaced...people can't so you were probably really lucky you or your husband were not harmed. An older couple friend of ours was broke into at night and he was tied up in a chair and he proceeded to get her on the bed..probably to rape..and her husband went crazy swinging around in the chair. He was a very little guy but it scared the man off. He killed two people later before being caught and killed by police. You are blessed.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:42 PM

You know for about the last two years I have carried my purse to the bedroom with me. Don't know why just started doing it.

Originally Posted by valsma
I'm so sorry this happend. Scarey though to think you were asleep in the another room.

I always take my purse to my bedroom at night when I go to bed, especially if I know there is money in it. My sons are always giving me a hard time because even with 4 dogs I keep the front door locked when home alone. I told them have you never heard of home invasions, why make it easy for them.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:07 AM

So Glad you were all Ok even tho this happened, guess they could break in for cash, will be sorely dissapointed at what they get :) Love my nosey neighbors !! Really helps if others are watching, keeps a lot of folks from getting too silly. Did hear not to long ago of teens walking thru a neighborhood in a nearby town, w/a video camera, just taking a walk casing what folks had in their garages to later rob!!
Sometimes the smallest tip can, solve a case, so if the car dosen't belong in the neighborhood, could be a good thing to watch for. and report. Stay safe all !!
Old 07-17-2011, 05:09 AM

sorry that happened to you! I've always been in the habit of bringing my purse to the bedroom...don't even know why!