Last nights weather

Old 06-06-2010, 05:02 PM
Google Goddess

A tornado hit north of Kokomo, Indiana last night, destroyed houses and some barns

We are under a tornado watch now, they said that one was spotted close to Muncie, Indiana (about 30 miles south of us)
Old 06-06-2010, 05:05 PM

Northern part of my state was hit and it was bad :cry:
Old 06-06-2010, 05:07 PM
Google Goddess

sorry to hear about Ohio being hit by tornado

Originally Posted by luv-e
Northern part of my state was hit and it was bad :cry:
Old 06-06-2010, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by pab58
We're in southeastern Michigan at the Detroit border. We just had some really bad downpours, and the tornado sirens went off at around 11:10 p.m. or so, but one never came through here -- thank the Lord! South of us was hit really hard. I haven't heard of any fatalities, but there is quite a bit of damage. A tornado hit Dundee and did a great deal of damage. They aren't sure what happened near Monroe yet. They did not say if it was a tornado, but there was a lot of damage there, too. We've had some pretty nasty weather around here this past week. On Monday to the west of us there was a lot of hail, strong winds, downed trees, etc.
Friends of mine live in Dearbourn Heights and Southfield. They were pretty nervous.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by pab58
We're in southeastern Michigan at the Detroit border. We just had some really bad downpours, and the tornado sirens went off at around 11:10 p.m. or so, but one never came through here -- thank the Lord! South of us was hit really hard. I haven't heard of any fatalities, but there is quite a bit of damage. A tornado hit Dundee and did a great deal of damage. They aren't sure what happened near Monroe yet. They did not say if it was a tornado, but there was a lot of damage there, too. We've had some pretty nasty weather around here this past week. On Monday to the west of us there was a lot of hail, strong winds, downed trees, etc.
Glad to hear you're ok. We're a bit north of you so all we got was really hard rain, lightning and thunder. I heard 7 deaths in Toledo, Ohio. The pictures from Dundee were awful.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:14 PM
Power Poster

I am glad all that responded are okay and hope every else is also. I heard there were 7 deaths, don't remember where, I think somewhere in Ohio.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:19 PM

We had a tornado "watch" posted around here, I didn't hear if any developed....but never in my life have I seen as much lightning as I did last night. Flashes every 5 seconds at one point. And our street was flooded this morning. Saw 2 ducks swimming down the street.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:02 AM

Just spoke with mom and dad and they live west of Detroit. Basement flooded! Really couldn't talk. Didn't get to find out any specifics!!! :-o
Old 06-07-2010, 08:02 PM

We were hit. Lots of damage, but we are still in our house. Carpets are soggy. Here is a pic of our 5th wheel where the garage USED to be... never found anything but the garage door. We live west of Toledo near the Ohio turnpike. DH and I huddled together in the basement and prayed. It sounded like a jet plane in our back yard. My ears hurt so bad from the pressure!! Lost part of our roof and then it poured rain. Our and son and his family live 1/4 mile from us and they were at home with huge trees uprooting all around them.... but thank God, none of the trees landed on the house! They have no basement and did not try to drive to our house, thank God again, because both of their cars were crushed by trees. The next day our 9 grandkids and DD's and SIL's and about 40 strangers brought chainsaws and cleaned it up!! In 48 hours we've had about 5 hours sleep and are still pretty shook up. Our neighbors, between our son's place and ours, really took a terrible hit. You might have seen him on the national news... barn rumpled and flew all over. House without roof and wracked. Oh, dear Lord what a mess. And about 50 neighbors and strangers appeared with chainsaws, trailers and trucks and skidloaders to clean it up and patch it.

It is midnight now... and I still can't sleep. So much to think about...............
Old 06-07-2010, 08:07 PM

forgot to attach the pics...

This pic is sideways... I don't know why?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]81081[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-81075.jpe   attachment-81076.jpe