Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: Life changing events

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    San Bruno, CA
    Posts
    383
    We recently lost our home, RV and a car in the gas explosion and fire in San Bruno. I would like to chat with others who may have had a similar experience about how they coped, did insurance inventories (especially their quilting items) and what is down the road in the way of recovery.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    IL Quad-cities
    Posts
    252
    Blog Entries
    1
    I'm so sorry to hear that. Have no experience to help you.

  3. #3
    Super Member Qbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,162
    I have no experience with that kind of ordeal but am so sorry for your loss. Welcome to the forum and hopefully someone will be able to help you.

  4. #4
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,246
    Sorry for your loss. Make an inventory of everything you can remember in your sewing supplies including fabric, marker, thread, pins and etc. Make notes anytime you think of something lost include anything in your home or RV. This will help the insurance company. As you list items include the cost of replacing each item,(not what you paid). For mental recovery I can tell you go ahead and cry all you need too. Grief comes to each person in a different manner. Don't fight grief it ia a natural process of healing. If you feel counceling would help don't be timid about asking. Prayers for you and your familhy.

  5. #5
    Magdalena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    State of Grace
    Posts
    1,873
    Blog Entries
    1
    I am sorry for your loss. I don't have that experience, but I live less than two hours away - so if there is anything I can do for you, please let me know. My heart and prayers to you and your community.

  6. #6
    Senior Member DoxieMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    546
    Sewgull has good advice. I was in Hurricane Andrew and submitted a very detailed claim which was paid in full partly I believe because it was so detailed (down to spools of thread...). I took photographs of the soggy mess as I sifted through the destruction. Due to the fire/explosion you probably have less to photograph than I did, but you may be able to recreate/remember things by looking at photos other people took in your home. Many retailers keep records of purchases (Amazon, Lowes, etc.) so that could help you remember things also. The whole experience can be very depressing and it can take a long time for an area to recover--long after the rest of the world has gone on, you're still dealing with it. Just remember that "things" are just "things" and can be replaced. Feel free to PM me if you like. For many years, my reference point was "before or after Andrew"... Dianne

  7. #7
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5,837
    Blog Entries
    1
    Oh my gosh..i am so sorry! we had a fire..but it was 100% protein smoke damage..they took every single thing out of the house to be cleaned. i had state farm and we had no problems with them at all.
    I can't imagine what you are going through!
    there are others here on this board who have had fires..
    "Adriensmom" went through it..her husband just posted a few days ago.

  8. #8
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,246
    Agreeing to Doxie Mom, We went thur hurricane Hugo in 21 years ago. I have yet to look at the videos we took after the hurricane.
    If you would like to PM me please feel free. Sometimes it can be good to share your feelings. We all need friends to lean on.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ramsgate. Kent England
    Posts
    444
    I cannot help you but my heart goes out to you.

  10. #10
    Moderator Jim's Gem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Camarillo, California
    Posts
    35,480
    I am so sorry for your loss. I have only had to deal with insurance pertaining to water damage. It's easy to show insurance all that you had, cause you still have it, only ruined.

  11. #11
    Moderator littlehud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    32,958
    I can't help but just wanted to say how sorry I am.

  12. #12
    Super Member Ditter43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Crystal River Florida
    Posts
    9,771
    Oh NO!!! What a terrible experience that must be. I wish I could be of help...When did this happen? I hope no one was hurt! Please let us know of any way we can be of help! :-( :-(

  13. #13
    Super Member ChubbyBunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,064
    {{{Hugs}}} to you. I can't offer any advice but would like you to know that I will pray for you.

  14. #14
    Power Poster CarrieAnne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Whitewater, WI
    Posts
    26,044
    So sorry! I know that must have been so hard............sending hugs!

  15. #15
    Super Member wvdek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    A million dollar view!
    Posts
    8,889
    I am so sorry for your losses. What a horrible experience, but at least it sounds as if family is alright.

    I agree about making as detailed a list as possible. Because of the amount of your losses, I would sit down with a little tape recorder or someone who writes really fast, and quietly start in your mind at the front door and work in a clockwise manner through each room remembering as much as possible. Every detail from throw rugs to plants to pillows, to ... Put one room per page(s) and continue on. Do also for RV and car. It will take time, but you can do it. Spend only an hour or so at a time so you don't get burn out.
    Your in my thoughts and prayers.

  16. #16
    Super Member sweet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    playing with fabric in Louisiana
    Posts
    3,376
    I am so sorry for your loss.

    I would make sure that you keep track of your current expenses for each day, including all receipts.

  17. #17
    Super Member C.Cal Quilt Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Central Ca
    Posts
    2,620
    Oh what a mess that would be, my heart goes out to you, and yours hang in there !!

  18. #18
    Super Member Shelbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,946
    This must be absolutely horrible for all of you. As you can't go back to what was, the only way to look at all of this is as a new opportunity to begin again. What you lost is memories and stuff. The memories won't leave and the stuff can be replaced. Yes this will be difficult but you will have family and friends to help. Life isn't always smooth but a positive attitude will help you get through this rough patch. Enlist all the help you can and good luck with all of this.

  19. #19
    Senior Member annyroony2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    669
    I am so sorry for your terrible loss and I'm afraid I have no words of wisdom (or advice), but others have given some good advice. In September 1996 we survived Hurricane Fran, but compared to your loss, ours was minor.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    San Bruno, CA
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet
    I am so sorry for your loss.

    I would make sure that you keep track of your current expenses for each day, including all receipts.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have been collecting them and stapling all of the ones with the same dates together even if the items were puchased with cash, credit card or gift cards as they are all items which we need.

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    San Bruno, CA
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by sewgull
    Sorry for your loss. Make an inventory of everything you can remember in your sewing supplies including fabric, marker, thread, pins and etc. Make notes anytime you think of something lost include anything in your home or RV. This will help the insurance company. As you list items include the cost of replacing each item,(not what you paid). For mental recovery I can tell you go ahead and cry all you need too. Grief comes to each person in a different manner. Don't fight grief it ia a natural process of healing. If you feel counceling would help don't be timid about asking. Prayers for you and your familhy.
    I bought a notebook on your suggestion and carried it with me in my purse today so as to note items as I thought of them. Previously I had been thinking as we went through stores, "oh, we had that", but forgot to write it down when we got home. You gave some good suggestions. Thanks.

  22. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    San Bruno, CA
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by DoxieMom
    Sewgull has good advice. I was in Hurricane Andrew and submitted a very detailed claim which was paid in full partly I believe because it was so detailed (down to spools of thread...). I took photographs of the soggy mess as I sifted through the destruction. Due to the fire/explosion you probably have less to photograph than I did, but you may be able to recreate/remember things by looking at photos other people took in your home. Many retailers keep records of purchases (Amazon, Lowes, etc.) so that could help you remember things also. The whole experience can be very depressing and it can take a long time for an area to recover--long after the rest of the world has gone on, you're still dealing with it. Just remember that "things" are just "things" and can be replaced. Feel free to PM me if you like. For many years, my reference point was "before or after Andrew"... Dianne
    I didn't realize that stores might have records of my purchases. I will have to check this out. Thanks

  23. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    San Bruno, CA
    Posts
    383
    I have never been the type of person to seek help, but this experience has changed me which is why I wrote to this group. There were some great suggestions here as well as support. I am trying to learn to ask for help as I am finally realizing that many people want to help, but don't know how. As I began to list our needs we have gotten great support including a friend who hemmed a new pair of pants for my husband so he could wear them to the funerals of our neighbors. Thanks everyone for your support.

  24. #24
    Moderator Jim's Gem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Camarillo, California
    Posts
    35,480
    Remember too that if you paid for something by Credit card, your Credit Card company would have records too.

  25. #25
    Super Member CoventryUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Coventry UK
    Posts
    3,056
    My heart goes out to you, can.t be any practical help to you, but hope it helps you to know that people are thinking about you at this sad time. {{{{Hugs}}} to you and your family from the UK

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.