Lite for reading in bed?

Old 03-12-2017, 11:22 AM

I need a new one also and found this one on Amazon..https://www.amazon.com/Book-Bookmark...reading+in+bed.
Old 03-12-2017, 01:43 PM

I've tried several reading lights. Most of the LEDs are too sharply bright. I want adequate light, but not piercingly bright so I have been disappointed. I might look into the adjustable one, but it seems really clunky. Still looking.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:51 PM

While at Home Depot looking for a laser light I did see some small clip on lights. They had bendable 'necks' that weren't very long so might work very well. I think they were $10-20.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:44 PM

If you don't mind having something on your head here is a suggestion. Go to Harbor Freight and get one of the "coal miner" head lamps. They are light weight and can be directed to right where you are looking. The straps are soft and easy to adjust, the light is enough to read by and soft, and it takes a couple of batteries. They run about $3.00 - $5.00.
Old 03-13-2017, 03:59 PM

I use a clip on light called the MightyBright flex LED light. You can get it on Amazon for about $12. I have had it for a couple of years, can't remember the last time a changed the battery!
Old 03-14-2017, 03:47 AM
Z

If your present bedside light has a regular screw-in base, you can get an Ott light bulb in a size that would be bright enough for your needs. Take a look at some of the Ott lights at Joanns online or in store. The flip version is good for many places. The Ott lights are frequently on sale for 40-50% off.
Old 03-14-2017, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by NJ Quilter View Post
I have an old 'Itty bitty book light' (brand name). They apparently are no longer made. The best replacement I've found thus far are some LED clip on book lights. Not as stable as the itty bitty one but it works. I looked at them and passed but DH picked on up for me a couple of months ago as we were traveling and he thought it would be easier packing with that. Used it while on vacation and worked fine. I read in bed every night. I wear glasses to read in bed and the kindle/tablet just has no appeal for me as I can't get the type large enough to not wear glasses. The actual books are just as easy for me.

BTW - picked this up in either Walmart or Target - forget where I saw it. About $20 I think??

Oh my I thought I was the only one who still has " itty bitty book lite ". One is original ,,have instruction book and charger but also have a copy type. Both are up north but I needed one the other night while here in Fl.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:15 PM

sewnclog I use to have a light just like that!!! Got rid of it about 6 years ago and missed it. We have a light w/a clip that is on the headboard and the neck is flexable so I can move the light when DH goes to sleep and it does not disturb him. Mine is similar to this https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays...luded/44782714

Last edited by minibarn; 03-14-2017 at 07:19 PM. Reason: fix link