Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Little man's first day of school! >

Little man's first day of school!

Little man's first day of school!

Old 09-13-2011, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
sueisallaboutquilts wanted to see his pictures on the first day of school.
When I asked his if he was ready for school as we were heading out the door his response was "I don't think this is a good idea!"
He loves school now and rides the bus. The only thing he doesn't like is that he only goes 4 days a week. He wants to go all 7 days.
BTW he started on Aug. 22.
cj
he's such a cutie!!
Old 09-13-2011, 04:32 PM

I really enjoy when you share photos as well as everyone else, mine are grown and involved in their own lives so I totally enjoy photos, stories and anything you wish to share. The memories serve as reminders of happy times, thank you all, hold them tight and hugs from me to you.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:08 PM

He's so cute! Gee, mine were all too willing to go off to school. Itried so hard to make them feel confident and self assure of themselves but I think I did too good a job. :cry: They all grew up moved away and have never looked back. Be happy that he wanted to stay with you, even if just a little. They grow up so fast any way it's nice if they stay close a little while longer. :D :D :D
Old 09-13-2011, 06:02 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by desertrose
He's so cute! Gee, mine were all too willing to go off to school. Itried so hard to make them feel confident and self assure of themselves but I think I did too good a job. :cry: They all grew up moved away and have never looked back. Be happy that he wanted to stay with you, even if just a little. They grow up so fast any way it's nice if they stay close a little while longer. :D :D :D
This child has informed me that when he grows up he is gonna have a farm with animals and a place for all my quilting stuff so I be close to him.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:53 PM

They grow up waaaay too fast don't they ?!
Old 09-13-2011, 07:00 PM

Would you take a look at that little man!!! He is so cute. Good luck in school little man. My granddaughter started 2 wks ago in kdg. also. Donna G
Old 09-13-2011, 07:27 PM

Oh Carrie, your "baby" is growing up. Before long you will be attending his college graduation and wondering where the time went. He is a precious Little Man, and I know you are an excellent mommy. Give him lots of hugs, because, one day he will (more than likely) not want to have hugs where anyone can see you. Teen boys are like that a lot! My "baby" was 52 this year. Does that age me, or what? Love you babe. Roberta
Old 09-13-2011, 07:34 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by RobertaMarie
Oh Carrie, your "baby" is growing up. Before long you will be attending his college graduation and wondering where the time went. He is a precious Little Man, and I know you are an excellent mommy. Give him lots of hugs, because, one day he will (more than likely) not want to have hugs where anyone can see you. Teen boys are like that a lot! My "baby" was 52 this year. Does that age me, or what? Love you babe. Roberta
You always make me smile! :-) my oldest son is 16 and still loves hugs even in public. I've tried to teach all 3 of my kids to never reject a hug because you never know when it will be the last.
Love you too Hun!
Old 09-14-2011, 08:36 AM

How sweet, they do grow up fast. My nephews son just started kindergarden too, and at the bus stop were both parents, both sets of grandparents and an aunt. I can just imagine what the bus driver thought. Did Little Man have a dry run on the bus? I remember when my son first got on the bus for his first day at kindergarden....he looked so little. Until he came home, then he stood so tall. I think he grew up that first day. LOL
Old 09-14-2011, 08:56 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Originally Posted by RobertaMarie
You always make me smile! :-) my oldest son is 16 and still loves hugs even in public. I've tried to teach all 3 of my kids to never reject a hug because you never know when it will be the last.
Love you too Hun!
I grew up hugging my grandparents when we arrived and when we left. It was expected. I've done the same with my kids and grandkids. I tell my grands (and told mykids) I need those hugs to keep me going!!

My son Nathan turned 12 and hugs were forbidden. but he could come up behind me and drape his arms around my neck and hug me but not the other way around. He outgrew that in a couple of years. His son is now 13 and Jake will hug me all the time! His mom has a massage business and Jake will give me the BEST massages! He learns from his mom. Jake has gotten out of the car to come back and hug me. He won't leave til he hugs me!

They do grow up sooo fast!! Little Man is sooooo darn cute!!!
How is he doing in school now? I love seeing your pictures!! Keep them coming!!