Location in Hiding

Old 06-07-2011, 12:54 PM

This question has been asked so many times, I don't understand why some have a problem with others wanting to be on the safe side. I think I would be safe to assume most all on here are decent and honest but it only takes one rotten person to stumble on here. I've already had a horrible situation happen to me (not from this site) and do NOT want a repeat here. I'm sorry if my "in hiding" status hurts anyone, but not playing it safe can hurt a lot more.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Willa
This question has been asked so many times, I don't understand why some have a problem with others wanting to be on the safe side. I think I would be safe to assume most all on here are decent and honest but it only takes one rotten person to stumble on here. I've already had a horrible situation happen to me (not from this site) and do NOT want a repeat here. I'm sorry if my "in hiding" status hurts anyone, but not playing it safe can hurt a lot more.
You're not hurting anyone, Willa. I think the phrase "in hiding" is an unfortunate one for the board to use a default, but I imagine no matter what phrase is used, someone could find something wrong with it. Such is human nature ;-)
Old 06-07-2011, 01:48 PM

LOL I just noticed that mine says this.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:22 PM

protection, you just never know.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:33 PM
Power Poster

It is wonderful and okay if you want to list your location and wonderful and okay if you don't. It is soley up to what you as an individual are comfortable disclosing :D:D:D

So if any of us feel uncomfortable publicly posting our location by other means, we may not be comfortable about posting it here either :wink:

We are close to 30,000 members now... and when doing a internet searches, hits to our quilting board frequently come up... that is how many found our board to begin with.

So it is not just members who read our locations, but anyone on the net too who follow links to us :wink:
There is a LOT of traffic in/out of here... and not all of them are quilters. Many can end up here due to off topics like in General Chit Chat.

Currently this is how many topics that are on the board, and each topic can lead someone here when they do an internet search pertaining to the topic/title :D:D:D

Main 39905
Pictures 30709
BOM 523
Introduce Yourself 8377
GCC 14689
Tutorials 405
Links 9460
Offline 1024
Buy/Sell/Trade 8499
Swaps 298
Offers/Donations 742
Recipes 2126
PDA 706

This is 117,463 topics that could lead anyone to here.... and even some of the titles to quilting topics are vague enough that a non quilter could end up here. How about all of the Harbor Freight titles in Main? Or the ones titled "Looking for machine parts," what kind of machine? sewing...metal machining? :wink:

AND as previously mentioned, some of us are/have been in secret swaps too and our locations were not supposed to be disclosed. :D:D:D
Old 06-08-2011, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by DebraK
Originally Posted by Willa
You're not hurting anyone, Willa. I think the phrase "in hiding" is an unfortunate one for the board to use a default, but I imagine no matter what phrase is used, someone could find something wrong with it. Such is human nature ;-)
I agree, makes it sound like they deliberately are not revealing their location, when for many members it may not be deliberate.