Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Long hair on cooking show hosts >

Long hair on cooking show hosts

Long hair on cooking show hosts

Old 11-11-2011, 08:29 PM

Seems to me that everyone is forgetting that it's TV!!! I'm sure that they are not that way in their kitchens at work or they would not have a business to run. I've worked in alot of kitchens and I know our Health Inspectors would shut us down and I'm sure they have to abide by the same rules.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by mayday View Post
Agree, love Barfoot contessa -Ina Garten but she uses sooooooooooo much salt ,it is incredible, that really worries me..
All you have to do is alter her recipe. I do it all the time. I cut about 75% of the fat out of the recipes and I use about have the salt they call for. There are plenty of ways to "liven" up a dish besides salt.

Maybe the Barefoot Contessa should cut down on the salt and her feet won't swell, so she can wear her shoes again. )
Old 11-12-2011, 04:57 AM

It's the dirty fingernails that I notice!
Old 11-12-2011, 05:06 AM
Power Poster

Just the title of your post makes me feel sick already.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:18 AM

That's not a rant Gramie, that's how kitchens should be. I cook at a camp every year and agonized over if everything was safe and sanitary. My DS, who cooks professionally, said our kitchen and procedures were better than the restaurants where he had been employed.
Originally Posted by Gramie bj View Post
I was a kitchen manager for many years, Our health department had a very long detailed list of must does to be followed, and we did, When hired each new employee was handed those list and a second list of my rules. They were told to read them before the first day of work when they arrived I asked if they had read them if they said yes, I asked them to sign a statment saying they had read all the rules and agreed to abide by them if they did not it was grounds for imedient dismissel. If I got the OH I forgot to read them line I showed them the door. All the rules and regulations were basic common sence. Wash hands, if wearing rings were gloves change gloves when changing what your doing , wash hands inbetween gloves, everyone wears hairnet,and beard and mushstash nets as needed. I don't care if facel hair is 1/16 or 6 inches, your hair can be 1/2 in and it will still fall out just as offten as hair that is 2 foot long. Got the sniffels, stay home, have allergies, take something for it. No sneezing allowed in kitchen! The list went on and on. LOL some times I had to stop and explain why the rules existed. but after weeding out some real doozies, It took about 8 months I had a very good crew, had one young man that took a break after breakfast and before lunch to step into the mens room and shave , he hated the nets and had a beard that showed up after about 4-5 hrs.Any good business or cook, chef. ect will want only the best for his business and clients, I really wonder about the "professionals" you see on TV? Are the just actors? or just don't care about there customers health? Now that I've had my rant I'll shut up! LOL
Old 11-12-2011, 05:23 AM

I agree with the long hair. Once while watching Martha Stewart someone asked her about touching her hair and then fixing food. Since then, (I think) she has her bangs longer and I don't notice it as much. Sorry, this is under chit chat = unquilt related!!
Old 08-09-2012, 10:48 PM

Hi friends one time a saw a cooking show host in a cooking show she has Long hairs of her and she is using a special comb for her hair i have no idea how about her hairs measurement but her hairs are reached on Knees and she is looking very beautiful with this hairs i like this type of hairs because this is also a source of increase beauty of yours..
Old 08-10-2012, 05:48 AM

I love watching Lidia but she always has those bangle bracelets on!! First thing I would take off if I was cooking.

I agree, it is only TV, but think what an influence the cooks could have if they made a point of washing their hands frequently.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:24 PM

After reading this, I'm trying to visualize Giada D. or Sandra Lee with big black, old lady hairnets. The kind Ruth Buzzy used to wear on Laugh In....the kind with the big old knot in the center of the forehead. Wow, I'm showing my age right now!
Old 08-10-2012, 02:43 PM

now I'm laughing too!!